Was this post by Cait a troll?

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Yeah, she isn't and you better lay off it.
It's on the level of grandmothers with cancer.
You don't joke with it.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Why bring up a years-old post from a member whom I assume is no longer here?

Serious question.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...

Serious question.

AN has been combing the archives looking for some old threads to bring back and has found some really GOOD ones. If I had to guess, I suspect he read that post, was surprised/shocked/horrified/whatever and wanted to know if it was true or not.

It's not something that member, Cait, talked out in open forums and considering the nature of this place, who knows whats true and whats a troll.

;)
mm

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
For example, I am actually the King of Nigeria and I have been ousted and need to transfer money into your American account to save my fortune.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Let me help you, my liege. I've Aquehonga's bank info on hand.

Aquehonga, you're going to be a rich man. Just think of the campaign donations to the Obama '12 campain you'll be able to make!

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Yeah, she isn't and you better lay off it.
It's on the level of grandmothers with cancer.
You don't joke with it.
Settle down, white knight.

Serious question.
Why the sudden concern? Anyway, see below.

AN has been combing the archives looking for some old threads to bring back and has found some really GOOD ones. If I had to guess, I suspect he read that post, was surprised/shocked/horrified/whatever and wanted to know if it was true or not.

It's not something that member, Cait, talked out in open forums and considering the nature of this place, who knows whats true and whats a troll.

;)
mm
More or less true, but there's more to it:

I remember reading Cait's post at the time it came out, back in my lurking days. The concept of trolling was fairly new to me, and I believed Cait completely (and to allay any suspicion that I'm trying to turn this into a troll: I still do.)

What has me perplexed is that I DISTINCTLY remember somebody attempting to troll her with this tragic bit of info soon afterward. I even saved two urls which I believe link to the posts in question. Here's the thing: They no longer work. I've tried searches with all the pertinent words, combed through threads around the same time...nothing. I can't even find Cait's response to it, which was, IIRC, thorough. Was the thread accidentally merged and the links changed? Was it erased --and if so, why?

To answer Consumer: I remember reading those posts (or post --I can remember the tone & some content of first one, at least) with my jaw literally hanging open; like I didn't think such a thing was possible...then slowly realizing that, yeah, in this world, not only possible but probable. It was a defining moment for me here at TK, and on the internet in general. And ironically, I can't remember who posted it.

About all I have to go on at this point is the info in the link, which points to thread with a post count of at least 133...brb

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I remember attempts to troll her by a couple of different people. And it's a possibility the threads in question were deleted. Right before we were bullied into getting a dedicated server, we were told our board was too big for the webspace we had. Several of us were scrambling to merge and delete while trying to save the best of the archives. I think that was in July/August , 2007. Anyway stuff was deleted and there have been threads I've looked for since then that I couldnt find.

;)
mm

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
About all I have to go on at this point is the info in the links, which points to a thread or threads with a post count of at least 133...brb
http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/showpost.php?p=859408&postcount=119
http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/showpost.php?p=859424&postcount=133

I remember attempts to troll her by a couple of different people. And it's a possibility the threads in question were deleted. Right before we were bullied into getting a dedicated server, we were told our board was too big for the webspace we had. Several of us were scrambling to merge and delete while trying to save the best of the archives. I think that was in July/August , 2007. Anyway stuff was deleted and there have been threads I've looked for since then that I couldnt find.

;)
mm
Well...that may be that, then. :eek:hwell:

Consumer

Elder Statesman
* De-Cloak *

I assumed that, like when a Certain Other Admin (*cough* Sardy *cough*) left that she'd delete most or all of her threads. The fact that that was there to dig up surprises me. Since SC exists, I guess she's still part of the "Community" and therefore fair-game, however it seems rather useless as a troll. Brinkmanship is good, but from the vibe I get this was one of the few taboos that was/is actively guarded by the staff here.

Why she admitted it here, if it's true, is beyond me.

I've been out of circulation for too long.

*/Cloak*

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I assumed it was true...I don't like people trying to school me especially when I am strictly expressing my opinion but I do recall giving my condolences and I just don't think Cait would take it that far.