watched season one Sopranos this week

Donovan

beer, I want beer
...with the kid. As expected, he loved it and I enjoyed seeing it again after all these years. Still holds up extremely well despite some dated references to the Clintons and Lewinskys etc.

One funny bit: the last episode is the scene where they go into Artie Bucco's restaurant during a bad storm, and the season ends with a bunch of mobsters basically just eating by candlelight. Kid says to me, "I love the show but the ending kinda sucks."

He has no idea how the series ends, and I don't have the heart to break it to him or he'll never watch any more of it. But it's funny how conditioned we are to expect cliffhangers in our tv shows now. All that action and he was annoyed there wasn't a big swerve at the last minute...

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
As much as I didn't agree with the series ending, I don't think there would have been any ending that we would have ALL liked. The show had such a following by the time it finished that the writers were right to end it on a nothing moment. It allows the viewers to choose how the show ends for us.