Week from Hell, or what?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Wow, is it Friday already?

Taking over the division for the company has proven itself to be quite a challenge. This week I discovered many of the real reasons this part of the company has seen declining sales. Fixing what's broken, one account at a time.

Closed five private label accounts yesterday, sent them to the printer for a net yearly addition of about 200k.

Inheriting 1800 semi-active and active accounts is interesting. All thee new people doing roughly the same thing as the people I've been selling to in my half of the country.

But what killed our division were the errors and oversights. The "I'm going to do this for you" and never following up. I've been national sales manager for just a week, and finished some things that have literally been dangling for two years.

Wild stuff. I'm really loving it though. It appears I'm being given free reign to market this line into the market I think will sell best. In a corporation, that's remarkably smart thinking.

Big Equine show in Ohio we have presence at this weekend. We have a field rep and the ex rep manning the booth there, the New England Nationals are the 25th and 26th this month and then I'm going barn hopping nationally, so to speak :bigass:

I promised myself if I ever got a second chance, I wouldn't squander the opportunity.

Wow, is it Friday already?

Taking over the division for the company has proven itself to be quite a challenge. This week I discovered many of the real reasons this part of the company has seen declining sales. Fixing what's broken, one account at a time.

Closed five private label accounts yesterday, sent them to the printer for a net yearly addition of about 200k.

Inheriting 1800 semi-active and active accounts is interesting. All thee new people doing roughly the same thing as the people I've been selling to in my half of the country.

But what killed our division were the errors and oversights. The "I'm going to do this for you" and never following up. I've been national sales manager for just a week, and finished some things that have literally been dangling for two years.

Wild stuff. I'm really loving it though. It appears I'm being given free reign to market this line into the market I think will sell best. In a corporation, that's remarkably smart thinking.

Big Equine show in Ohio we have presence at this weekend. We have a field rep and the ex rep manning the booth there, the New England Nationals are the 25th and 26th this month and then I'm going barn hopping nationally, so to speak :bigass:

I promised myself if I ever got a second chance, I wouldn't squander the opportunity.

Sounds like u r doing good Jack...CONGRATS!! :)

jack

Thanks Hennie, remember when I was working in that freaking call center for VHAP and hated it?

Things have changed a bunch since then.

Thanks Hennie, remember when I was working in that freaking call center for VHAP and hated it?

Things have changed a bunch since then.

Yeah, SHIT jobs...who needs 'em!? Was that the job that u thought was gonna fire u at one point? I remember u were very worried & depressed wonderin' what was going to happen?

Well, things sometimes work out for the best! LOL!!

jack

I did get fired. I almost recreated "He was a very quiet man" on my way out. I still dream of barracading the doors and getting a nice 30.06 with about 250 rounds and having at them some fine sunny spring day...

I did get fired. I almost recreated "He was a very quiet man" on my way out. I still dream of barracading the doors and getting a nice 30.06 with about 250 rounds and having at them some fine sunny spring day...

That is understandable.

jack

Im better now.

aeommai

cookie?
that makes two of us