What is the timeout on editing posts

Further

MooGoo
I'm just wondering...

Currently it seems you have at most 10 minutes to make changes to your post until it is written in stone. Unless I am missing something.

I am trying to think of some kind of devious scheme involving editing my posts after people have read them, but nothing...

What is the point of this "feature" exactly?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I'm just wondering...

Currently it seems you have at most 10 minutes to make changes to your post until it is written in stone. Unless I am missing something.

I am trying to think of some kind of devious scheme involving editing my posts after people have read them, but nothing...

You have 5 minutes to edit your posts. The point of the feature is to prevent people like you and their "devious schemes".

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I'm just wondering...

The amount of time you have to edit your posts is directly related to the number of times that you ask how long you have to edit your posts X4. For instance, the set time for everyone's edit function is 5 minutes. As you've just asked once, take the number 1, times it by 4, and you get 4. You then subtract 4 from 5 and you get 1. You now have 1 minute to edit your posts. Have a nice day.

Further

MooGoo
You guys are far too paranoid. All I want to do is fix stupid typo's that I make. How about just displaying the timestamp of the last edit like every other bulletin board does. Between this and the inability to say T U B G I R L it is clear that whoever runs this place is far far worse than Hitler.

aeommai

cookie?
i've brought this up before but they said to use the preview function. naturally they can't have people pulling teh schemes on em.

and some retards go around and edit their posts to just be "." and stuff, so at least it stops that :D

Further

MooGoo
Well that's just dandy. It's been awhile since I've dug through a vBulletin database so I could be wrong but I seem to remember that the content of each version of a post remains in the database and is just marked inactive. Is there not a single vBulletin plugin out there that could provide a link to view the "history" of edited posts? With all the other useless crap installed on this board I don't see how it could hurt.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
You find us the link, and we'll ignore it.

Why should the admins jump through hoops for your spelling errors?

Besides, being incapable of editing your posts is good motivation for not leaving shitty posts.

It also allows for you to practice your spelling/grammar.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Exploitable trolling possibility for that add-on: Posting banned or filtered items, let the wordfilter do it's thing, or the admin edits, but there's still a record. So, no.

Further

MooGoo
If a working plugin like that was actually available there would be few hoops to jump through and it was just a random thought, I expected nothing of it.

Obviously the wordfilter and admin edits would not leave a trail as user edits would.

And you guys are still way too paranoid.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
For good reason.

Although, I think the heyday of bbs trolling is over, there still exist actual trolls who love to torture admins. I should know, I'm one of them.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
This place is a cozy little nook filled with fluffy yum yums and smootchie wootchies.

and the short edit window means you have to think twice before really going crazy on someone, or posting personal info. I'm for it. as if my opinion mattered.