When did Steve Coogan stop being funny?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I need to know.

I believe it was 2008, as he attempted to try stand up again and got panned.

Personally his choice of now doing movies doesn't suit him as a writer.

When do I mention the drugs?

I can understand I will be generally lambasted for this opinion, as there are a number of rabid coogan fans on this forum.

Watch "The Other Guys" and then tell me he is still funny.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well I'm sure he didn't write or direct The Other Guys so I wouldn't count that as him being "unfunny". The Parole Officer was shit (other than a topless Lena Headey) but that was years ago and he did funny stuff again after that. SO I DON'T KNOW?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
About the time he MURDERED OWEN WILSON IN COLD BLOOD, imho.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I blame the film "A night at the museum" it seemed to render a whole swathe of comedians unfunny for the entire duration of the movie, and possibly had longer lasting effects.

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
I love the Other Guys. His role in it wasn't meant to be that funny

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Wasn't he in Tropic Thunder too?

CaptainWacky

He was alright in Topic Thunder. He died pretty early on. I couldn't undestand a word Robert Downey Junior said.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Tropic Thunder was okaaaaaay. Needed more Bill Hader.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
After the incredible stuff he produced when he was producing comedy for UK Television, "OK" is about all we can muster.

I expected more of a fight. Tropic Thunder was awful apart from the excellent Tom Cruise, who as we all know is the greatest actor of our generation.

CaptainWacky

Yes, but he didn't produce or have any creative input in any of these Hollywood films so it's not really fair to compare them to early stuff. Did anyone ever watch Saxondale? It was...well, okay.