Which browser should I install?

I'm about to do an overhual on my comp: and I will finally be able to get a new broswer!

Should it be firefox, google chrome, or Internet explorer 8?

I'm most familiar with IE, but I've heard good things about Firefox and hate using MS products.

Thoughts?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Firefox = Very Good

Google Chrome = Fail

IE8 = Satan, but necessary for some sites

I'll let the real techies fill you in on other options.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Firefox: Still my browser of choice. 3.5 is pretty slick and handles memory better than earlier versions, and I can't live without my extensions.

Chrome: ET, phone home. It's fast, but pretty basic and as far as I know nobody's really done much to improve it yet. If you insist on trying it out, you might check out the Iron version, which is just Chrome with the privacy issues resolved. :)

IE8: Blech. You can't really get rid of it, and as Eggs says some sites seem to require it. A lot of the time Firefox's "User Agent Switcher" extension can fool those sites into thinking you're running IE when you're not, though.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
If you're using a PC, go firefox. Google chrome is next on the list.

If you're using a mac, go Firefox, but Safari isn't bad either.

Ishcabittle

if you work in a bunch of AJAX heavy sites, Safari 4 renders faster than anything out there.

otherwise, firefox.

The Question

Eternal
Safari is the best at rendering Ajax and Java -- which pretty much means it's also the best at rendering every-damn-thing else, too. Go with Safari 4.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I just tried Safari again for the first time in a long time, and it seems to have adopted enough of FF's features to be functional. Older versions were awful in terms of the interface, but Apple seems to be catching up. Still not as fluid as FF, but not terrible anymore.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
So far I get the consensus as this:

1. Firefox
2. Safari
3. Chrome
4. IE
5. Netscape
6. Tin cans with string

Pandora

missmanners' favorite toy
I like firefox. I was using IE 8 but after reading an article about vaulnerabilties, I switched to firefox

classichummus

on a break from forums
I am absolutely in love with Google Chrome!!!! It is by far the fastest browser I have used!!! Yes it is VERY basic, but it is light!!! I have had some problems with it not showing certain pictures on here. I trust Firefox more for important downloads. Chrome rarely crashes on me. It has some really nice features, but I think those can be accessed by installing the Google Toolbar on other browsers. If you want a light browser for just general stuff like forums, email, facebook, myspace, normal web browsing, etc. I highly recommend Chrome. It doesn't hurt to have multiple browsers though. I have Chrome, Firefox, and IE 8 on both of my computers. I recommend against having Chrome as a default browser though, since it is new and still does have some problems. It only came off being a beta like 2 months ago. It has only been around for 1.5 years. It's just a baby.
My rating:
1) Google Chrome
2) Firefox (close behind Chrome)
30) IE 8