Whitney Houston has died at age 48, publicist says

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Whitney Houston dies at age 48
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 7:01 PM CST
Updated: Feb 11, 2012 7:02 PM CST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.

At her peak in the 1980s and `90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were "How Will I Know," "Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse

link: http://www.wdrb.com/story/16915316/whitney-houston-dies-at-age-48

Donovan

beer, I want beer
sad but unsurprising.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
You know who doesn't usually die @ 47? [retorical]

When you destroy your life, your death hurts people who have to go on living without you. Unless she had no one who cared about her she had no right to hurt other people by not controlling herself and her hungers. Selfish bitch.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
If it was as easy as controlling overwhelming desire there'd be no such thing as addiction, and people wouldn't make a fortune selling the items they use to destroy themselves. We all have the same finish line, whether we conduct our lives with dignity or abject disgrace, and ultimately we are all selfish. What is sad is that when people spiral publicly out of control, everyone has an opinion or a viewpoint or a comment or a clucking of the tongue, but in watching the slowmotion train wreck it never occurs to anyone to pull her off it in time.

She was no Gary Coleman, that's for sure.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Where's Kevin Costner when she really needed him?

jack

well she... ee eee eee eee... will always love him..mmmmm owoooowowowowoooo...will always love...himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...will always love hitmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

jack

fucking cunt

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Costner is gonna do a sequel where he hears and odd disembodied voice telling him, "If you sell crack...she will come."

Too soon?