World War 3 is full of inconsistencies!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

whisky

Boobie inspector
By that time, many of the planet's major cities and governments had been destroyed.

Yet every city we see in the future has recognisable landmarks from our time.

Paris, SF, new orleans, cambridge.

Noone ever says lets go to the crater where london used to be.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
They could have rebuilt the original buildings using small indonesian boys. Many of them survived WW3

SAUSAGEMAN

Yet every city we see in the future has recognisable landmarks from our time.

Paris, SF, new orleans, cambridge.

Noone ever says lets go to the crater where london used to be.

That makes sense, and there's precedent for it! When the Germans essentially razed most of Leningrad's landmarks to the ground, the Soviets, and the Russians after that, went to work on rebuilding most of them, notably the Tsars' palaces. Of course I'd expect the French to rebuild Versailles and the Tour Eiffel after Paris got rased, or the Americans to rebuild the Golden Gate, and so on.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And before that, Ypres Cathedral was rebuilt after WWI using surviving plans and photographs as a guide.

Infact, even in Trek we've seen the Golden Gate Bridge partially rebuilt; after the Breen attack on Earth in DS9.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Wasnt that because it pissed B&B off so much that the writers of DS9 would attack earth that they decided to never mention it again.

Thus robbing it of most of its dramatic impact.

CaptainWacky

Remember when Janeway time travelled to 1996 and was all "oh shit, THE EUGENIC WARS ARE GOING ON!"?

Dr Dave

pillzlol
They did not mention WW3 when Sisco & Co beamed down to earth and him & the doctor end up in that Sanctuary District.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The trek writers are now saying that every episode that featured time travel created a parellel universe that was very close to the orignal, but with subtle differences.

So basically every fuck up and contridiction in established history can be blamed on Kirk's wacky adventures through time and space, and also those who followed him.

CaptainWacky

Gabriel Bell looks a lot like Captain Sisko!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The trek writers are now saying that every episode that featured time travel created a parellel universe that was very close to the orignal, but with subtle differences.

So basically every fuck up and contridiction in established history can be blamed on Kirk's wacky adventures through time and space, and also those who followed him.

Well, not really. Orci and Thingamy used that to explain this most recent timewarp. But it's not retroactively applying to every previous time travel incident.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"POND OF GOO NEVAR HAPPENED!" -- Sarah Palin