WTF? Tornados can follow roads?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
BBC News - Tornado filmed destroying truck as it sweeps US Mid-West

I mean they are scary enough when they just randomly descend on places, but actually following you down the highway?

Thats all kinds of fucked up.

Tornados can change direction at sudden intervals, which makes them very dangerous to track. They more or less tend to follow the weather pattern i.e. which way the wind is blowing (but not necesarily and winds shift a lot during tornado weather), but the volatile mix of weather conditions it takes to create one (differing temperatures, colliding fronts, large flat areas in which to build storm strength, etc) make it super hard to predict when they will appear, where they'll come down, and how long/how powerful they'll be. It's one of the reasons they do so much damage, because there isn't a lot of warning time. Predicting a tornado is a lot like looking at a pile of ingredients on your counter, seeing that you have a bowl, and a pan, and some eggs, and some butter, and some flour, and the oven is preheated to 375, and saying "OK we have the potential for a chocolate cake to appear."

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe they're alive.