17th Precinct - New Ron Moore

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Ron Moore is bring Buffy: The Desk Sergeant to TV!

Stockard Channing To Star In Ron Moore's NBC Pilot, Two In Talks For ABC's 'Identity'

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday February 11, 2011 @ 1:40pm PST

Veteran actress Stockard Channing has signed on to star in NBC's pilot 17th Precinct, an ensemble cop drama with supernatural elements from Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ron Moore. The project, from Sony Pictures TV, is set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science. Channing will play Mira, a fiercely intelligent former homicide detective who's working in the robbery division of the 17th Precinct.
With Stockard Channing joining the cast, this show officially intrigues me. I hope it makes it on the air...it should get a decent shot since NBC has no hit shows...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We can play Six Degrees of Separation between her and MORN.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well she was in grease with Jeff Conaway,
who was in Babylon 5 with Walter Koenig,
who was in star trek 6 with Rene Auberjonois,
who of course was in DS9 with Morn.

You can eliminate one step if you count Koenigs appearance in trials and tribblations.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hope there's young people in it too!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SEXY YOUNG PEOPLE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sounds like something RDM's been wanting to do for a long time, judging by how much the theme of the supernatural turned up in his other shows. At least this time people won't go into it expecting anything to end up making sense.

CaptainWacky

Maybe Racetrack will be in it. [/Tomtrek]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is turning into a reunion show:

Exclusive: Jamie Bamber Reunites with Battlestar Boss Ron Moore for NBC's Precinct

February 15, 2011 07:44 AM PST

Frak, yeah! Apollo Jamie Bamber has been coaxed back across the pond by his former Battlestar Galactica boss.

The aesthetically blessed Brit — who returned to his native London after BSG ended to headline Law & Order: UK — has landed a lead role in Ron Moore’s NBC pilot 17th Precinct.

The project, an ensemble cop drama with a sci-fi spin, is set in a fictional town where magic and supernatural elements rule over science.

Bamber will play Caolan, an extremely focused crime scene detective. He joins the recently cast Stockard Channing.

CaptainWacky

Hopefully he won't be killed off in the first episode!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yes, that would be a stupid thing to do!

whisky

Boobie inspector
So did Law & Order: UK get cancelled?

Or are they really good at giving him time off to do other things.

CaptainWacky

WELL IT'S BRITISH SO THEY ONLY MAKE FOUR EPISODES EVERY NINE YEARS LOL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

CaptainWacky

Why do IO9 links never work for me? :rwmad:

(I found it though.)

I'm glad it has humour in it since people always accuse Moore of being too DARK AND GRITTY.

WHAT'S KRISTIN KREUK'S DARK SECRET!?

I didn't know Joseph was in it and he used to be a woman!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Why do IO9 links never work for me? :rwmad:
Ever since Gawker redesigned its site and all the blogs it owns (including IO9), lots of people have had tons of issues with access and functionality. It's been an embarrassment for them, but the owner Nick Denton is a stubborn ass who insists he's a genius and will become a media mogul someday. Meanwhile, his websites don't work because he launched the redesign before it was ready, all in order to win a bet with another site owner. Asshole.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW TV SHOW THOUGH!

CaptainWacky

FUCKING INTERNET CUNTS.

CaptainWacky

So like Virtuality another total waste of Ron Moore and everyone involved's time. THANKS TV.