3D Shooters

Tyrant

And only 3d shooters.

Ah yes. I rather enjoyed the 'official' AvP even though it had one of the worst interfaces and engines I had ever seen. Fox is a real, REAL cunt when it comes to using their intellectual property. Remember when they shut down AlienQuake? Perhaps not.

I've "acquired" the sequel and I must say it's very good.

The Question

Eternal
My all-time favorites have been Red Storm Entertainment's Rainbow Six series, EA's Battlefield series (Haven't tried BF:2142, though) as well as Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Wasn't thrilled with the CoD expansion that came out, though, as it was designed by someone other than Infinity Ward.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I would definitley recommend giving F.E.A.R a go. It's very well made and a lot of fun to play.

Ishcabittle

FEAR is definitely flashy and fun, but after about halfway through the campaign, you pick up on the tempo and it becomes less exciting. No baddies for a while, builds tension. Interactive bloody cutscene. Firefight. Repeat. Still pretty awesome, tho, and multiplayer rocks it.

Prey was pretty, and took an innovative turn, but again lost steam near the end. Ho hum.

Ishcabittle

Yeah. Walking on the ceiling does not equal more fun than you can handle.

Dark Link

Morituri te salutant
I thought it was alright, but it takes some real effort to play it.

Half Life 2 is still a good game for storyline as is F.E.A.R. Both of them I've played over and over again for countless hours. And the Expansion for F.E.A.R along with Half Life episode 2 is pretty nice as well.

Tyrant

Halo

Pretty good, but seriously overrated. I mean seriously. I acquired a copy the day before yesterday and beat it the next day. Plenty of good things and bad I could list, but I'm amazed people gobbled it up so. I think Microsoft did a good job of hyping it to the point where everyone believed it.

7.8/10

Ishcabittle

Messenger, did you try Halo on Legendary? Multiplayer? Even the Heroic difficulty us nothing compared to teh Legendary. Give it another shot and let me know what you think.