500th simpson episode

whisky

Boobie inspector
Pretty much sucked, they got thrown out of town, and met up with Jullian Assand.

They even put up a little card at the end that told viewers to go outside for a little while before going on the internet to say how much it sucked.

Very post modern, but admiting your 500th episode sucked in the episode is no excuse for it sucking.

I also saw one from a bit earlier where it was set in the future again, Bart was a dead beat dad, but Homer was a really good grandfather because he had learnt from all his mistakes, Lisa had a kid who spent all day literally plugged into the internet, and Maggie was about to give birth to her first child.

That was a much better episode and would have made a far more better tribute to 500 episodes.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They've been doing the "acknowledging the episode sucks" thing since about season ten. I think the first time was the creation of the "worst episode ever" meme for the jockey elves episode (which was pretty terrible.)

Haven't watched a new episode for ages. The last milestone episode I remember being any good was the 200th.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I haven't even watched an old episode in a couple of years. Not even a good one, such as FEAR OF FLYING.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's Raining Men?