The Legendary Troll Kingdom
See what you think.

donald-trump-visits-bronx-campaign-82594799_393f18.jpg

jack

jack

Donald Trump Shares Bronx Stage With Indicted Rappers​

Donald Trump shared a stage with rappers who were indicted on a charge of gang activity and have also previously served prison time during his most recent rally. Trump, the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party's presidential nomination, held a large rally in the deep-blue borough of New York City on Thursday to drum up support ahead of November's presidential election. Steven Cheung, spokesperson for Trump, told Newsweek in an email after the event that 25,000 people attended. Newsweek could not independently verify that number. During the speech, two rappers, Michael Williams (Sheff G) and Tegan Chambers (Sleepy Hallow) joined Trump on stage where they endorsed him for president and praised him.

In May 2023, the pair, who are allegedly part of the 8 Trey Crips and 9 Ways gangs, were arrested with 30 others in criminal indictment in New York over murder, attempted murder, illegal firearm possession and shooting charges. Williams was accused of facilitating gang activity and rewarding gang members who carried out shootings with cash and music video appearances, according to multiple press reports. Tegan was charged with criminal conspiracy in association with felonies including gun possession charges. He was released in February 2023, having spent eight months behind bars.

Meanwhile, Williams separately served a two-year sentence for a gun charge. In April 2024 he posted a bond and was released from jail having served two years in prison after pleading guilty to criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree.

Newsweek contacted representatives for Trump and Williams by email and Chambers by social media to comment on this story.

During the speech, Williams said into the microphone: "One thing I want to say, they're always going to whisper your wins and shout your failures." "Trump's gonna shout the wins for all of us," he added. Chambers said: "Make America great again."

Meanwhile, while the Bronx heavily leans Democrat, and Trump gained just 16 percent of the vote in the area in the 2020 election, latest polling suggests President Joe Biden's lead over Trump in New York is declining. Biden leads him by 9 points (47 percent to 38 percent), according to a May 13-15 Siena College poll of 1,191 registered voters. Biden beat Trump in the state by 23 points in 2020 (61 percent to 38 percent).

Trump said in his rally that he would support New York's Democratic leaders if he is elected as president.

"As soon as I get back into the Oval Office, I am going to pick up the phone and I'm going to call your mayor and your governor, and I'm going to say, 'this is President Trump and I want to come back and help,'" said Trump, who was a lifelong New Yorker until he officially transferred his residency to Palm Beach, Florida, in 2019.

"You have a Democrat governor, you have a Democrat mayor and we are going to work with them, and we are going to get this state and this city at a level that it's never seen before," he said.

jack

jack

jack

I dont think so

jack

Nope