87% Vote to Impeach!

Laker_Girl said:
The dems have a lot bigger things to worry about than claim, counter-claiming with repubs. They need to focus more on the image of the party if they want a snowball's chance in hell at winning in '08. More likely though, the dems will ride the gravy train provided by repubs and hope that Americans are stupid enough to believe their propaganda. Didn't work in '04, we thought they'd learned their lesson but then they went and made Howard "YEARRRRRRGH" Dean head of the party and it was clear they hadn't.

What gravy train? You're kidding right? What the Dems will do is ride out the collision wreck in Washington, giving the GOP as much rope as they can handle.

I'll be honest, I won't be sorry to see a little more balance return to American politics, but it is much deeper than just the GOP vs. the Dems. It's understanding power and how it ebbs and flows. Sometimes it isn't even about who is right or wrong, although clearly this Administration is more wrong than it has ever been right.

The country feels the pinch of economics [gas] in this country, the toll of war, the Patriot Act, wire tapping, CIA leaks, corruption charges, etc. The run of the mill voter, feels it. Most likely that will spur a "we want change" attitude. It isn't even about Bush being 100% at fault, it is a perception of his competence over the power that was given to him.

People are beginning to think that was a bad electoral decision. They'll try to do better, and probably vote for change. That leaves the Dems.

The GOP should start shifting away from associating with the Bush Administration, but it may be too little too late. The price of gas and the war keep politics on the mind of every American. Even those that are not active, or never read a political opinion are paying attention now. Like I said that may or may not be the fault of Bush, but it is still his perceptual responsibility.

Hoover got blamed for the depression, when clearly he didn't *cause it* at all. He didn't help much, but he certainly did not cause it. Still, the voters held him responsible.. and probably rightly so. Just because he didn't cause it, didn't mean he was competent to handle a world wide depression. He didn't lead. Being a leader pretty much requires the ability to LEAD.

What if find most illuminating when ever we all talk politics, is now much of a party line most of you do walk. As if it would make you wrong some how to admit that one of your once favored leaders, had feet of clay. It happens all the time. Leaders fail to lead. What matters is that "We the People" recognize when "a plan just isn't coming together" [sorry for the bad puns]

In any event, the Dems aren't going to be riding any gravy train, even if [in the wildest imagination of any Democrat] they won a majority and impeached Bush, they would still be left with an unwinable war, a massive deficit and National Debt, Immigration revolt, and all the other normal problems like taxes, etc.

Would you like to inherit a mess like that?

I AM THINKING THAT THE DEOMCRATES WILL SUBSIDIZE PORK FARMERS AND THAT WILL MEAN MY COST OF LIVING IS GOING DOWN.

I AM NOT THINKING THAT GIVING PEACHES TO THE PRESIDENT WILL CHANGE ANYTHING. THEY ARE GOOD IF SERVED IN HEAVY SYRUP.

Caitriona said:
In any event, the Dems aren't going to be riding any gravy train, even if [in the wildest imagination of any Democrat] they won a majority and impeached Bush, they would still be left with an unwinable war, a massive deficit and National Debt, Immigration revolt, and all the other normal problems like taxes, etc.

Would you like to inherit a mess like that?
I'd loot as much as possible and get the fuck out. Then again, I'm actually have to live in my country.

Big Dick McGee said:
You guys are unbelievable. President Bush did NOT lie to start a war. He examined intelligence, after our fucking country was attacked by towel-headed asshats, which showed that Iraq presented a C&PD to the United States of America.
You mean, he used 9/11 as an excuse to scare Americans into a war he had wanted from day one of his presidency.

Not that I'm upset that Saddam is out of power, but there are bigger fish to fry. Namely, the bastard who was actually behind the attack directly.

Nevertheless, Bush's message to the Americans remains: The fault is not in the White House, but within yourselves -- and, of course, the media.
Gee, did the media cause gas to skyrocket over the past three weeks?

Lou The Beagle said:
Gee, did the media cause gas to skyrocket over the past three weeks?

Are we the ones who authorized a war on bad intel, too? I don't remember anyone asking my permission to go over there, do you?

Whats even more fucked up is Iran sent us an official 18 page letter, and someone who I never asked to speak for me about it did so, without me even getting to read it first.

Back