A GAME OF THRONES

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I haven't read the books in a while. Wonder if I should reaquaint myself, or just watch the series and be pleasantly surprised.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Casting Director
We've got a part for you Sean
Sean "bit moody" bean
Ok - what is it Comedy?
Casting Director
Not quite comedy Sean
Sean "bit moody" bean
I'm not going to be wearing a leather jerkin again am I?
Casting Director
There is a slight potential for some jerkin yes Sean - but I am sure they will give you some creative control
Sean "bit moody" bean
Am I playing a moody hard done to man, who stares a lot, swings a sword and is ultimately tragic?
Casting Director
er... Have they been in touch direct?
Sean "bit moody" bean
It's fantasy isn't it?
Casting Director
There are elements of fantasy, but they said you can keep the gritty northern accent!
Sean "bit moody" bean
I only put that on for interviews dahling.
Casting Director
So?
Sean "bit moody" bean
Yes, as long as I can have a ponytail
Casting Director
It's a deal

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I haven't seen the real teasers, THEY'RE BORKED ANYWAY. They didn't show very much on HBO last night, mostly behind the scenes stuff and GRRM talking about how great it all looks.

CaptainWacky

They're not borked! :rwmad:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'll watch them later :rwmad:

I wish it was 2011 already!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING.. just kidding, but this russian fansite has a bunch of screen caps http://westeros.ru/?p=5217

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'll probably watch it because Wacky and Cassie have been talking about it coming for like ten years and I'll watch it and say "Yeah that was pretty cool" and Wacky and Cassie will be like "Yes BUT I LIKED THE BIT IN THE BOOK WHEN..." and I'll say "Okay then".

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DON'T WORRY TOMTREK! CaptainWacky has a really great memory, but mine is shit. I haven't read the books in a few years now and most of it has faded away. All I'm left with is YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW.

I had considered getting all the books and reading them again, but I think I will not do that now. I don't want to be mad at the show if it's not exactly like the books. If they do a good job, and get the characters right, I will be happy.

CaptainWacky

Well there might be nudity, Tomtrek, so that should make up for annoying comments from BOOK WANKERS.

CaptainWacky

I hope you like incest.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Who doesn't?

CaptainWacky

Maybe she only likes it with closer relatives.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I CAN HARDLY WAIT.