Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Geek quiz

SaintLucifer said:
I would ask you to do something for me. Take your finger and force your lips into fishlips, then cause those lips to flap using your finger whilst making a sound from your throat. This is the international gesture for 'crazy'. The sounds you would make would not be 'blah, blah, blah' but 'blugh, blugh, blugh' you stupid fuck. We Canadians do not say 'oot', 'aboot' and 'hoose'. That is a myth. We do not sound any different from you Americans with the exception of sounding much more intelligent since we are.

By your own words, you are a fool for name calling Luci. Trapped and packaged once again by your written word. Such a shame, but so predictable. But you seem to have lost your luster for being the new boy on the TK block.

And yes, you Canadians do pronounce those words with "ou" sound in them differently than the Americans and are easily picked out as Canandian bacon my little pork rind. Coochi, coochi coo! Such a silly boy.

You may proceed with more name calling. Fire when ready. The insults you lob at others are nothing more than a self loathing display. Read my signature -- you wrote it.

Enkephalen said:
By your own words, you are a fool for name calling Luci. Trapped and packaged once again by your written word. Such a shame, but so predictable. But you seem to have lost your luster for being the new boy on the TK block.

And yes, you Canadians do pronounce those words with "ou" sound in them differently than the Americans and are easily picked out as Canandian bacon my little pork rind. Coochi, coochi coo! Such a silly boy.

You may proceed with more name calling. Fire when ready. The insults you lob at others are nothing more than a self loathing display. Read my signature -- you wrote it.

Psst? It's 'lustre'. I could show up at your door and speak to you. YOu would honestly think I was American although such a thought makes me puke. 'Self loathing display'?? Do you not mean 'display of self-loathing'? What is your age anyway? I wish to ensure I am not posting to a little girl who asks her mother advice on what to post here. With such a poor education I would suggest you are perhaps 10 - 12 years of age. Excuse me whilst I take my leave of you. There are laws against talking to little kiddies like yourself. Shoo.

SaintLucifer said:
Psst? It's 'lustre'.

WordNet 2.0 @ Princeton.com said:
lus·ter ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lstr)
n.
Soft reflected light; sheen.
Brilliance or radiance of light; brightness.
Glory, radiance, distinction, or splendor, as of achievement, reputation, or beauty.
A glass pendant, especially on a chandelier.
A decorative object, such as a chandelier, that gives off light.
Any of various substances, such as wax or glaze, used to give an object a gloss or polish.
The surface glossiness of ceramic ware after glazing, especially the metallic sheen of lusterware.
A fabric, such as alpaca, having a glossy surface.
The appearance of a mineral surface judged by its brilliance and ability to reflect light.

WordNet 2.0 @ Princeton.com said:
lus·tre ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lstr)
n. & v. Chiefly British
Variant of luster.

Now shuteth the fucke up, mouron.

The Question said:
Now shuteth the fucke up, mouron.

lus·tre Audio pronunciation of "Lustre" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lstr)
n. & v. Chiefly British

Variant of luster.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Lustre

n 1: a surface coating for ceramics or porcelain [syn: luster] 2: a quality that outshines the usual [syn: luster, brilliancy, splendor, splendour] 3: the visual property of something that shines with reflected light [syn: shininess, sheen, luster]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

NOw run along my dear child. I am not a fucking American. I am Canadian. The Americans spell it incorrectly since it is in fact a French word. We Britons keep it thanks to the Norman invasion. You spell it 'luster' because you wish to sever all ties with your colonial masters (that would be me). Now quite whining as you Americans are wont to do. You will never make us change the way we spell. It is fact the majority of those immigrants who emigrated to the United States were uneducated. That is not my fault. Get over it.

[French lustre, from Old French, from Old Italian lustro, from lustrare, to make bright, from Latin lstrre, from lstrum, purification. See leuk- in Indo-European Roots.]

The poor feeble minded Luci. He's all bluster (or as Luci would spell it "blustre") and pomposity. He suffers from foot in mouth disease. Try inserting one foot at a time Luci.

OMG! He's just brought out the really BIG GUN snappy comeback . . . "dear child". How can we ever recover from such a put down?

SaintLucifer said:
NOw run along my dear child. I am not a fucking American. I am Canadian. The Americans spell it incorrectly since it is in fact a French word.

Wrong. It's an international word, and became so once it achieved common usage in more than one nation's predominant language. Both spellings are correct, dear twat.

We Britons keep it thanks to the Norman invasion. You spell it 'luster' because you wish to sever all ties with your colonial masters (that would be me).

It wouldn't be you, because America currently has no "colonial masters". In fact, last time I checked, the government which used to be this country's parent nation is now its lackey.

Now quite whining as you Americans are wont to do.

Did that sentence make sense? Yes? No? I think no. Best go throw yourself in the "shower room", Mr. Grammar Nazi.

You will never make us change the way we spell. It is fact the majority of those immigrants who emigrated to the United States were uneducated. That is not my fault. Get over it.

Funny that you should claim to be anyone's "colonial master", yet you're powerless to effect positive change in the education system of "your subjects." Take your superiority complex back to the store for a refund, you lousy fuck.

The Question said:
I am a fucking moron. It's true. I swear it.

Wrong. It's an international word, and became so once it achieved common usage in more than one nation's predominant language. Both spellings are correct, dear twat.

What a fucking MORON. LUSTER is Americanized (note the Americanized and not the Americanised). You see my fucking point? It would be spelled that way IN THE USA, not in Britain or Canada. When it was first integrated into the Queen's English (the REAL English, not the dumb bastardised version one may find in the USA) it was a French word. As such, it retained its spelling. Do you know ANYTHING? You speak of the English language to a Briton?? Sheeit.

It wouldn't be you, because America currently has no "colonial masters". In fact, last time I checked, the government which used to be this country's parent nation is now its lackey.

No colonial masters? Which language did you type this entire post in? I rest my case.

Did that sentence make sense? Yes? No? I think no. Best go throw yourself in the "shower room", Mr. Grammar Nazi.

It was a typo. I meant to say 'quit' rather than 'quite'. Other than that the sentence is fine.

Funny that you should claim to be anyone's "colonial master", yet you're powerless to effect positive change in the education system of "your subjects." Take your superiority complex back to the store for a refund, you lousy fuck.

Oooh. An American is angry for so many years of watching his country get toasted by the Koreans, Vietnamese, Somalis, Iraqis and Afghanis. Tch, tch. Yes, the world understands that compared to Britain's Empire, you are but a joke. We never lost a single war. You do nothing BUT lose. Our empire remains. You never even started to build one because every time you try, some tiny country with kids running around in pyjamas kicks your ass out.