A Haunted House

eloisel

Forever Empress E
This movie is rated R for a reason. Marlon Wayons wants to show us what he looks like naked. He also wants us to see what he looks like masturbating.

Yes. There are some funny bits because it is a spoof of some current scary movies. Yes. There are a couple of unexpected events.

Mostly, it is potty humor.

Surprised me that most of the parents in the theater with their under 16 year old kids did not get up and leave. Not too surprised that they were there with their under 16 year old kids to begin with. I'm wondering what Mom and Dad are going to do when their five year old girl imitates in front of grandma the sexual content of this movie. Yes. I know there was at least one five year old child in attendance because she and I were talking about her candy as she, her parents, and I walked into the theater together.

There are many things I found objectionable about this movie even though I did laugh at some of it.

I won't recommend it to anyone. I'm sorry I wasted part of my life watching it. Wish I hadn't wasted 18 dollars on the ticket to see it and the refreshments I had while watching the movie.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
The movie trailers sort of gave away the bathroom humor this offering was going for. The sexual content -- not so much. Did he show off his "tool" too?

As I recall, one of Eddie Murphy's "kid friendly" movies (the sequel to The Nutty Professor") showed him out with his date and then burying her beneath his bloated body and dry humping her into the ground.

I guess if they wrap the story line with lots of fart jokes and other sophomoric attempts at being 13 year old boys, the writers think whatever else they can slip by will be totally acceptable. Since no parents in the audience disagreed with what was being shown, I guess the writers were right.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
It is true I wasn't expected much based on the trailers. This isn't the type of movie I usually watch, even for free, at home, when I'm by myself. I'd rather clip my toenails than watch that thing again. But, I had some free time yesterday evening, wasn't quite ready to go home, was too early for the drum circle to begin, it was the only movie starting at that time, and I've pretty much seen everything else anyway. I wasn't expecting the sexual content. I'm used to the blatant racism that were the shoe on the other foot Spike Lee would be up in arms about it. But, watching Marlon Wayans, naked, humping and grinding on a teddy bear, a stuffed duck, and some other stuffed animal, along with his commentary while he was doing so, then later naked butt raped by a ghost, wasn't something I expected.

There were some parents who took their kids out of there. I only hope the parents of the adorable 5-year old girl who was all excited about her special box with popcorn and candy in it was ushered out by her parents, hands over her eyes and ears when they went.

The movie is rated R and the movie rating states it is for crude and sexual content, language and some drug use. More than likely mom and dad weren't expecting the level of sexual content in this movie and didn't mind their children being exposed to vulgar language and glorified drug use. Oh well. I'm glad I don't have to worry about warping little kid's minds anymore.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Why would parents of such young children take them to an R rated movie? Whether it was for violence, language, drugs or sexual content or all of the foregoing, the question remains: Why? They should have gotten a sitter for those children and gone to see this piece of tripe alone. Why do we have a rating system in place if parents can't follow the rating system?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I don't know why parents take young children to inappropriate movies. I see it all the time though.