a technical request

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Could the revered TechAdmin please make the timeout span a little longer?

Whenever I try to write a longer post, I get logged out and lose all that I have written.
I must think of what I want to say, translate it into a foreign language (sometimes by help of a dictionary), correct grammar, spelling and layout - all this takes time. More than a native speaker would need. And often I find that the board has reset my connection by the time I hit submit.

If you check my posts you'll find that I am no spammer but have something to say. Also, other non-native speakers of this language (and possibly a few native ones as well), have propably experienced the same problem.

Please give us a little more time before we time out.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Theoretically yes, but then I'd have all those wrong linebreaks in the post which I find really irritating. And editing those out to get a decent layout again takes quite some time.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Uhhh just use the option to stay logged in. If I don't switch accounts, I only need to log in once every few months, usually.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Good point. Click that box, Germgirl =)

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Could the revered TechAdmin please make the timeout span a little longer?

Whenever I try to write a longer post, I get logged out and lose all that I have written.
I must think of what I want to say, translate it into a foreign language (sometimes by help of a dictionary), correct grammar, spelling and layout - all this takes time. More than a native speaker would need. And often I find that the board has reset my connection by the time I hit submit.

If you check my posts you'll find that I am no spammer but have something to say. Also, other non-native speakers of this language (and possibly a few native ones as well), have propably experienced the same problem.

Please give us a little more time before we time out.

Wow, I'm impressed. In all the years I've known you I thought you were fluent in English as a second language. Your posts are always very well written. Thanks to you for the effort you make to communicate.

Mirah

I love you
Good point. Click that box, Germgirl =)

I just got this. Wow I'm slow this morning.

It would be nice if there were a longer submit time. If I know I am writing a long post or PM even I copy before I hit submit just in case, or have another window open with the "who is online" and you will not get logged out.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
thanks for the help! *big hug*
I'm not normally that dense but lately I am a bit besides myself - had only 4 days off all year and am in urgent need of a vacation.