ABC is thinking of bringing back Spy Daddy

SAUSAGEMAN

Oh, fuck yes.
Is the TV world ready for another Sydney Bristow?

Nothing is even close to being anything official yet, so don't go dying your hair bright red in celebration or anything, but:

A reliable insider at ABC tells me that there is talk of the network doing a "reboot" of one of the greatest TV series of all time, J.J. Abrams' Alias.

How? When? Where? Why?

Again, it's only very initial talk at this point, but I'm told that the development folks over at the Alphabet network are considering doing a new version of Alias that would borrow some elements of the original series that starred Jennifer Garner (and Michael Vartan, Victor Garber and some guy named Bradley Cooper who must have slipped into oblivion since). But the series would most likely not include any sort of complex mythological throughline such as the Rambaldi prophecy (a storyline that lost some of the fans).

According to this source, ABC is hoping to hold onto its lost Lost audience with a re-envisioned J.J. Abrams series, in light of FlashForward not working out so well. (It was canceled last week.)
This would so rule. So much.

SAUSAGEMAN

Hey, remember that time JJ Abrams worked on a show, and it had a really awesome and compelling core concept, but its mythology got bloated and eventually folded under its own weight as the writers struggled to somehow get out of all the corners they had painted themselves into? That was really disappointing!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I do remember that concerning Alias (he had no involvement with Lost after the pilot episode.) But I gave up by the later seasons (of Alias.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked Alias a lot to begin with, but I can relate about the Rambaldi thing. It wasn't such a bad idea, but maybe back then I wasn't so used to following a story arc like that, since most tv I watched was purely episodic. Maybe the same could be said for the writers.

Also, this is completely nothing to do with the show being rebooted, but I once had the English bad guy walk past me (the one who was in Heroes). It's a shame he's getting a bit old now, but he's a good looking chap.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
CARP? CARP!!!!!!!!!!!