Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Agatha All Along

I've been tits-deep in SM speculation and leaks over the show for months now, mostly because Joe Locke and Patti LuPone are in it.

I'm soooo looking forward to this, partly because all the old-school incel Marvel fans are pre-hating it because it's not about a cishet white male Marvel hero, and because it's not based on a specific comic title. This is my kind of Marvel show!

x3EVHj8.gif

I really enjoyed WandaVision and I thought Kathryn Hahn was a big part of that enjoyment. I'll be watching this.
That's what kills me about the jerks who post "nobody asked for this". WandaVision was the first Marvel show to attract awards. It broke past the core fandom and was a mainstream hit. EVERYBODY was hoping for something like this. Except the incels HAHAHAHAHHAaaaa

That's what kills me about the jerks who post "nobody asked for this". WandaVision was the first Marvel show to attract awards. It broke past the core fandom and was a mainstream hit. EVERYBODY was hoping for something like this. Except the incels HAHAHAHAHHAaaaa
Maybe I'm being optimistic (a rarity), but I feel that the pure manufactured outrage machine (that is not only part of the "culture war" but now has a profit motive behind it) has peaked so hard that people who aren't complete fucking morons are starting to dismiss them out of hand. Before, it seemed like there was some mainstream acceptance of the out-of-pocket grievances, but it's become such a ridiculous thing that it's starting to be filtered out. The Acolyte shit fit seems to have accelerated that a little bit. That doesn't mean that we can't critique shows or have varied opinions on what's good and bad, but when you see a buzzword-filled tantrum it's getting easier to ignore it for the bullshit it is. (idiots will continue to make bank from crying on YouTube I'm sure)

Kathryn Hahn guest-hosted Jimmy Kimmel Live this week, and last night she had Joe Locke on as a guest (after a bizarre segment with Seth Rogan giggling while making pieces of food have sex with each other)... there's a clip in Joe's intro that looks like it will be part of the next trailer, with a few seconds of footage not seen in the first one...

I'm guessing Billy wants his brother Tommy to be restored to life, and for them to make a Young Avengers movie or tv show before the cast are all thirty.

I like it so far. The first episode deliberately emulated the WandaVision style of storytelling to connect the two shows, but in episode two they got down to business telling Agatha's story, which has a shockingly simple plot: travel the Witches Road to get what you want. Very Wizard of Oz. Patti LuPone and Debra Jo Rupp made me LOL. Joe Locke was well cast, and his first attempt at an American accent is nearly there. The little twink from Heartstopper has a career ahead of him.

'Based on the Danish series WanvaVisdysen' *snort*

I enjoyed it too, though yeah maybe the fake police drama bit could have been shorter.

I hope it turns out the confused old gardner lady really is a witch.

"Teen" mentioned having a dead mom, hmm.

I'm sure they usual people are complaing there was a SONG in it since every tv show was just MANLY MEN PUNCHING STUFF before 2018 apparently.

I enjoyed it too, though yeah maybe the fake police drama bit could have been shorter.

I hope it turns out the confused old gardner lady really is a witch.

"Teen" mentioned having a dead mom, hmm.

I'm sure they usual people are complaing there was a SONG in it since every tv show was just MANLY MEN PUNCHING STUFF before 2018 apparently.
Was the gardner lady Eric's mom from That 70's Show?