Airport Extreme USB hard drive with Windows 7

honolulujames

I have an external hard drive plugged into the USB port of my AEBS. When I run the Airport Utility I can see the disk listed and I have set it to allow sharing. This is, however, the only place I can find the hard drive. How am I supposed to access it with my computer?

The only access I have to my AEBS is via the AirPort utility as well. I have pinged the address (10.0.1.1) and it does respond. However, I'm unable to find it on my network via the address.

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious here, but I'm not sure what I need to do to access the drive. Also I think I saw a reference somewhere to the disk needing to be formatted in the FAT32 protocol. Is that accurate or is NTFS ok?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
you need to dip your face in acid, and kill the pain stabbing yourself with a fork.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Quite a smart technique for getting back links to your site. This is a bot for sure. Probably XRumer or something similar.

Notice the keywords that have been picked up by the forum software and then have a look at his very small signature back linking to his site which is of course a place that sells usb/flash cards. Google requires page relevancy when rating the value of a back link. Basically that means that Google cruises through this thread, understands the general gist of the subject as being about USB drives and then follows his signature link to his site and decides that since TK, which is an authority site, due to its age, size, active base, ect is giving his site the thumbs up thus rising its SEO stock with Google. If you do this on thousands of forums then the back links will start to become a prolific cause of building his SEO score and in turn moving up in Google and getting more traffic and more money due to that traffic.

The interesting bit is that the bot was able to recognize that this was an appropriate forum for his fake problem to be on topic.

I'll stop rambling now....

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
The sig wasn't there earlier, I checked. The original sig was "AA", with no link. Nor were there any links in any of the posts. And the threads were in the Media center, except for one which was in the Tea Room. So someone came around 6+ hours later to change that sig. Do we have a new bot-scam? No links to throw off the administration into thinking they are sincere, then slip in later to add the sig?

hmmmmmmmmm

;)
mm

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
actually it is kind of fascinating.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
The sig wasn't there earlier, I checked. The original sig was "AA", with no link. Nor were there any links in any of the posts. And the threads were in the Media center, except for one which was in the Tea Room. So someone came around 6+ hours later to change that sig. Do we have a new bot-scam? No links to throw off the administration into thinking they are sincere, then slip in later to add the sig?

hmmmmmmmmm

;)
mm
I think you're right.

And how do you change your sig after the fact for a post? IIRC, whatever your sig was when you make a post stays with that post even if you change it later.