Amazing Police Cars

Yahooee

GTR35-Police-car-2.jpg

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I wonder if that's real, like a real actual police car and not some custom build (or just a photoshop). The push bar is kind of silly. Kentucky trivia: Very few police cars in Kentucky have push bars. None in or around Louisville. At first it took some getting used to. Cop cars (the metro ones are silver) look like security guard cars without the brush guard. Now I've been here long enough that a brush guard on a patrol car seems odd.

Anyhow, for a pursuit interceptor like that, that big huge brush guard is odd. Maybe a more lightweight one would make sense on a small sports coupe, but one like that is very heavy and will only serve to slow the thing down--without actually being useful for anything. It doesn't extend out around the corners with headlight protectors, so it isn't going to actually be helpful in doing a PITT maneuver to stop another car. And, while I'm not an expert on the technique, that car seems too small and light to be able to effectively execute the maneuver anyway.

This leads me to think this is some custom shop's concept job and not any kind of actual cop car.