Amy Winehouse

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

jack

USUC

Trollzilla
You could probably make me a great playlist.
I’m liking Adele too…a little late to the game.

jack

What would you like in a playlist? I'll make you a thread if you like... :D feel free to pm me.

jack

Amy should have just gone to rehab though.

I agree. I was gutted when she passed. She just got better and better. Amazing how that works...

USUC

Trollzilla
What would you like in a playlist? I'll make you a thread if you like... :D feel free to pm me.
I should just go through all your music posts. I like classic stuff (I suppose Prince is a “classic” now)…My primary criteria are it has to be beautiful on the ears (great singing/instruments) or dance worthy/pumping music. I like Tears for Fears to Doobie Brothers to this stuff:

Go figure.
By the way I don’t sing the “n” word with rap music because i’m woke. Ha.

jack

Nice. The only time I use the "n" word is when referring to certain actions and activities by the Blackfoot poster, whatever account he chooses to use ;).

I use TK media center as a scratchboard for my tastes. They range all over. Big fan of Prince (cuz his guitar playing) Lately I've been loving me some dirty loops/Cory Wong/Vulfpeck. That stuff is ridiculous. Waiting for Anika Nilles to put out another release (my favorite drummer/composer). But there's very little music I don't like.

USUC

Trollzilla
Nice. The only time I use the "n" word is when referring to certain actions and activities by the Blackfoot poster, whatever account he chooses to use ;).

I use TK media center as a scratchboard for my tastes. They range all over. Big fan of Prince (cuz his guitar playing) Lately I've been loving me some dirty loops/Cory Wong/Vulfpeck. That stuff is ridiculous. Waiting for Anika Nilles to put out another release (my favorite drummer/composer). But there's very little music I don't like.
That’s why I’ll explore your posts more. Similar tastes I think but I’m….dated. Not up on current artists.

USUC

Trollzilla
Oh and I was joking. I think it’s a HORRIBLE double standard/hypocrisy that cupcakeer is thrown around in music but it’s a verboten word outside of that. Or if I were black I could say “hey cupcakeer” to anyone without it being considered racist but white people (excluding Eminem in his music) are immediately termed racist if they use the word in any context.
Fucking pisses me off. If “cupcakeer” is off limits why can men use the bitch word with impunity?
Grrrr.

jack

Yeah, the cognitive dissonace can be deafening. Here's a little of my favorite drummer

jack

She's got about a dozen albums in her catalogue. She started out as a speed metal/thrash drummer but very quickly discovered she was a master of quintuplets which changed her whole approach to playing. This Nevell project is just superlative.

jack

That was simply fabulous! Whalen is a master. Familiar with Bill Evans or Paul Winter?

Check out what these kids do with TOOL material...

jack

Elton is one of my faves. I remember first getting high when Madman Across the Water was released. I saw him live here in VT a few years ago at a nice venue in Burlington. Quite a show!