An apology to Aquehonga and Dr Dave.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
For this post:

http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1768578&postcount=56

For some reason I had it in my mind that Sherlock Holmes had been poorly represented on television and far too numerously so omitted him from the poll.

Recently however I dusted off my Conan Doyle collection and have been re-reading the entire works of Sherlock Holmes (nothing to do with the movie that I have little to no interest in) and decided to check out more closely the series on Granada that Dr Dave cited.

I don't know how it passed me by the first time but it's fucking first rate. It's definitely NOT the show I saw taking on Holmes that I was very unimpressed by.

I've watched loads of the PROPER show now and I absolutely love it. Not in any small part because of a masterful portrayal of Holmes by Jeremy Brett.

Brett IS Holmes. There is no other. He is fucking perfect. What a total and utter legend Jeremy Brett was. :phpeh2:

He is clearly the definitive Holmes. Nobody else has a chance really. Not Robert Downy Jr, not ANYBODY.

[YOUTUBE]0ECj53HN-ho[/YOUTUBE]

So yeah, sorry for being an arrogant ass before.

Seph

Retired Account
very gracious but still cant believe odo missed the dragnet :???:

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Still would have been better if the mighty JULIAN SANDS had played him.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Or Julian Bashir and everyone said "aren't you a bit DUSKY to be Holmes, what what?"

Seph

Retired Account
236773814_81fab8830c_o.jpg

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I've been watching some of the Jeremy Brett series episodes and I was right in remembering they were good.

Not a huge fan of one of the guy who plays Holmes in some of the episodes, but still a good series.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GOOD TO KNOW

Seph

Retired Account