And this guy got elected, HOW?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Yes. Because if he hadn't it would make sense. Your childlike wonder and wide-eyed 'gee wilikers' approach is almost refreshing.

Look for things to make much less sense in the future.

The bill, while seemingly unnecessary, could be considered preemptive/progressive and as such has my support.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
So, because I'm taken aback at stupidity, I have child-like wonder?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
If I was being serious yes. How about because you knee-jerked to literal on your first swing?

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
You've confused that with me being a ham. They are two different things, I assure you.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Not that type of ham!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
3822.imgcache.jpg

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Not that type of ham.

This type of ham:
3824.imgcache.jpg

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Actually if you read the article it becomes if not more plausible at least possible. Not throwing babies into frying pans. But suppose stem cell or embryonic research is loosened up or approved and with relatively little oversight the material is used in a chemical/R and D/pharmaceutical way to develop something for human consumption. We do it all the time now with other things. Progesterone birth control comes from the piss of assembly-line pregnant horses for example. And there is mounting evidence that mad cow disease was related to the practice of feeding beef a rendered food product that contained beef byproduct.
what's farfetched is anyone assuming a company can and will do the ethical thing without being told...

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Dear Charlemagne,

I've enjoyed being a part of your thread. I look forward to seeing you in other threads.

Regards,

Gear

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Actually if you read the article it becomes if not more plausible at least possible. Not throwing babies into frying pans. But suppose stem cell or embryonic research is loosened up or approved and with relatively little oversight the material is used in a chemical/R and D/pharmaceutical way to develop something for human consumption. We do it all the time now with other things. Progesterone birth control comes from the piss of assembly-line pregnant horses for example. ...
And that explains why women are such nags.....

Donovan

beer, I want beer
ZING

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Except that the guy behind the bill got all his info from the Internet.
http://news.yahoo.com/okla-senator-wants-ban-human-fetuses-food-235857183.html

Although, I do see your point.

Hey 'Gear, how does a fetus-ham sound?

Well I didn't say plausible. I just said that with processing and rendering and turning of stuff into unrecognizable mystery products, I could see where there might be a reason to be preemptive, especially if the guy had reason to believe the stem cell thing was going to loosen up. Then too other countries might not have near the, shall we say, stringent health codes we do.

Suppose some idiot tried to Tyler Durden some soap products? That would technically qualify as a violation of this proposed legislation. Not to mention cunnilingus. If I get the idea some senator is trying to stop me from eating womanflesh, Imma start a riot.

S'all I'm saying.