Any reaction to the news that Moffat will be taking over Doctor Who?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I know there's a lot of RTD bashing from many viewers here. I've liked pretty much every episode of every series so far, but do you lot think this is a good change?

I still need to watch "Planet of the Dead", "The Waters of Mars" and the 2-part "End of Time", I hope to catch up by this weekend.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Its pretty much like a change of goverment, it wont take long before the same people who hated RTD start hating Moffat.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the series.

It could all go horribly wrong, but then again it could all go very, very right.

Big Dick McGee

I thought "The New Doctor" was just OK. I mean, the Cyber-Men again? Really?

Looking forward to catching up before the new series debuts in April.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Planet Of The Dead was crap.

Waters of Mars was good (but a bit overdone.)

End Of Time was, I THOUGHT, pretty much crap, but you'll probably love it.

Big Dick McGee

Which one had a titsy Michelle Ryan in it?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Planet of the Dead but you don't even see her tits.

Big Dick McGee

BUMMER!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well as long as Moffat doesn't go crazy in his second season like RTD did we'll be fine.

And a season finale that isn't "millions of [monster] attack the Earth!!!!" would be nice.

But yeah Planet of the Dead: Very bad. Waters of Mars: Mostly good. End of Time Part One: Bad bad bad. End of Time Part Two: "Not as bad as part one, I guess."

Big Dick McGee

^^LOL, I'm SOOO looking forward to seeing these now. Damn, I was hoping they'd send Tennant off with a bang.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I felt really sorry for him. His and Wilf's acting was the only believable thing in the whole finale two-parter. It was a terrible, nonsensical mess where RTD seemed to just throw in every random unused idea he ever had for a Dr Who story, with no regard for these elements making sense or where they were going. Every time you thought you knew what the story was and what you were supposed to care about, something else got introduced and the previous story element got dropped and completely forgotten about. It was like they just stuck a tape recorder in front of someone with late stage dementia and asked them to tell a Doctor Who story. Random gibberish.

Big Dick McGee

^^So, you're saying it was pretty much just like the last 3 seasons of Heroes?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I am in the process of wading through the writers tale (RTD's book about his time on who).

He has a rather novel approach to writing, very akin to most students approach to university work, ie, do everything you can to avoid doing it, until you have about a day to go, then belt everything out in one mad rush.

He gets a lot of bashing, some more warranted than others, but at the end of the day, without him Who would not have come back, and there are very few writers around in tv who can consistently churn out good stuff.

Luckily for us Moffat is one of them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Never let anyone else tell you whether you should enjoy an episode or not BDM.

If you are a who fan, just watch them and decide for yourself.

I'm in a small minority that finds something to like in just about every episode.

Big Dick McGee

Never let anyone else tell you whether you should enjoy an episode or not BDM.

If you are a who fan, just watch them and decide for yourself.

I'm in a small minority that finds something to like in just about every episode.

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm a big fan of Tennant's Doctor, I think he does a smashing job despite being given some ridiculous dialogue. Even in a C+ episode like "The Next Doctor", he was great.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I liked all of them. The music is always top notch.