Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Play Guitar?

Shatna said:
Only if you promise to show me what "ombechure" means. :bwahaha:

im pretty sure she meant embouchure, thats how teh word is spelt. Its teh aperature of the instrument and also the way the lips and tonge grasp it.

To put this thread back on track, here are my babies:

img0070117sm.jpg

img0076111tt.jpg

Friday said:
Any mp3's of your performances you'd like to share? :D

I'm not sure how to do that. It would just be me playing some bass lines, because I have no one here to play with. :(

This is what I'd like to complete my collection:

gibsoneb2dc2zm.jpg

But they're hard to come by, as they've been out of production for decades.

Dark Link said:
jawdrop.gif

Now those are beautiful.

They are fun to play. Particularly the Fender. I have the action set very low, so you can just rip up and down the neck.

The Rick, on the other hand, is just such a beautifully crafted instrument. Not as easy to play, as the neck is appreciably wider, but the reward is worth the effort. Good thing I have long fingers.

Number_6 said:
I'm not sure how to do that. It would just be me playing some bass lines, because I have no one here to play with. :(

This is what I'd like to complete my collection:

gibsoneb2dc2zm.jpg

But they're hard to come by, as they've been out of production for decades.

Hey 6...email me some of that...I'll play some drums over it and email it back to you :) just make sure it's in some meter, PLEASE?

jack said:
Hey 6...email me some of that...I'll play some drums over it and email it back to you :) just make sure it's in some meter, PLEASE?

How would I go about recording myself and turning it into an mp3?

Number_6 said:
How would I go about recording myself and turning it into an mp3?

You don't have any recordings of yourself? get a USB MIDI digital out from your guitar and plug it in to your computer. Get some scripting software, like CAKEWALK or the equivalent. Pluck away, and name the file. Email it to me :) You need to get a studio with a burner. They are cheap and very efficient.

jack said:
You don't have any recordings of yourself? get a USB MIDI digital out from your guitar and plug it in to your computer. Get some scripting software, like CAKEWALK or the equivalent. Pluck away, and name the file. Email it to me :) You need to get a studio with a burner. They are cheap and very efficient.

Not anymore. I haven't played in a band in quite some time, and I can't find any of the tapes we ever made.

I didn't realize I could get a USB MIDI digital out from the guitar. Straight from the guitar? No amp involved?

I'll have to look into all of this.

And Shatna--your link didn't work. Something wrong with that program on cNet.

Shatna said:
My apologies. It worked for me.

If you can find Audacity, it's well worth it.

No problem. There seems to be something wrong with whomever the host is they are using for their download. I'll look around the net for it.

As for recording mp3s direct from the bass, is this all I need (besides a program):

http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm

Or do I need one of the more expensive units?