Anyone here remember the TV Show "All in the Family"

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I just finished watching a very interesting episode wher Archie Bunker and his "Meat Head" Son in Law Mike, were in a really heated argument with each other about the statue of liberty.

Archie said that the statue of liberty should be torn down because it doesn't mean anything anymore, and that he was ashamed that it is still standing.

Mike said: Do you know how stupid that sounds. The statue of liberty stands for everything the American People Believe in and was erected as a symbol of hope for anyone that wishes to share our dreams of freedom.

Archie said: Look Knuckehead, the stautue of liberty stands for what you and I believe in, but the rest of the world has a very big problem comprehending that. We placed a sign on that damn status saying"

"Give us your poor, your rejected, your oppressed, your enslaved, and all those that have lost hope"

The rest of the world interprets it as saying

"Send us your bums, your whores, your freeloaders, your religous lunatics, send us everyone that you don't either want or need because we are are a nation of fools. An international garbagecan that will take in the trash and filth of any other country smart enough to turn them away"

We take in people that come here with little or no education, blow billions of dollars setting up "special need" programs all at the expense of the american taxper, people that come here bringing all of their religions, langauages and beliefs with them with the expectation that WE are supposed to learn THEIR language and adapt to their religous and social beliefs, instead of THEM making any type of effort to adapt to OURS. People that associate with no one other than their own and don't want anything to do with anyone else. We set them up in nice neighborhoods while our own are ilving in trailer parks and one bedroom apartment (and I tell you they will bust your head of you so much as even think of going up in there).

The stautue of liberty has become nothing more than a symbol of what we an as nation of people USED to stand for, but now only stands as a reminder of how far we have fallen. I'm not gonna learn their language, I'm not gonna adapt to their religion, I'm not gonna share their beliefs, and I'm not going out of my way to comfort the needs of anyone that came here voluntarily

Instead of leaving the sign on her (staute) stating, "Send us your unwanted" instead we should havend s sign on it that says "THis is America. Love it, or Leave it!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-Emma Lazarus 1883

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Good show.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
"Meathead" was Rob Reiner.

Nothing else need be said.