Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you doing anything charitable over the holidays?

Laker_Girl said:
Messenger said:
I always get charitable over the holidays. It's so hard to remember to be charitable every day of the year.
:roll:

While I do give all year round I feel it's especially important to give more during the holidays, as do most Americans.

Who are you really? Bill Gates? Much as I might like to I can't afford to give every single day of the year, I have family and friends too, not to mention a mortgage.

Could you possibly be anymore liberal without actually having your heart burst and bleed all over the floor?
Hilarious.

I have so many regulars with their hands out on my route, my front door is practically a toll booth.

When I'm leaving town for the holidays, I usually run quick with my suitcase to the corner and hail a cab before they spot me. It's everyone else's turn to take care of them then, and Lawd knows there are 10x the number of missions, soup kitchens and people like L_G around. ;)

Eggs Mayonnaise said:
I have so many regulars with their hands out on my route, my front door is practically a toll booth.

When I'm leaving town for the holidays, I usually run quick with my suitcase to the corner and hail a cab before they spot me. It's everyone else's turn to take care of them then, and Lawd knows there are 10x the number of missions, soup kitchens and people like L_G around. ;)

You know, that's the truth. All kinds of people feel charitable around the holidays and they feel good about giving some canned goods and toys. That's grand.

I usually just do the dress-a-bear thing at Christmas and party for my own pleasure otherwise. I give throughout the year when the shelves at the shelters are bare, they're out of warm blankets, need cash for gas to take people to the free clinic, or drop off some goods they advertise on the sign out front they need - toothpaste, paper plates, paper cups, plastic forks and spoons. I also volunteer my time with a wrecking crew for United Way, tearing down sheds and smokehouses that are out of code compliance and about to get the owners in a heap of trouble with their city. The structures are generally on elderly people's property and they can't tear them down themselves or afford to have them torn down or brought into compliance. My crew has painted the interior of a women's shelter, too, but we're best at demolition.

To each their own. The poor will always be with us. I just remember being one of those poor people. A few people were kind to me. It doesn't hurt me to do likewise.

eloisel said:
Just so you'll know, we older women like a little flirtation.

Does flirtation mean following women around and standing outside their door all night staring at their bedroom window?

Tips/non traditional gifts I have to give out:

Daycare
Nanny
Trash
Mail Carrier
Paper Carrier
Water Bottle delivery guy
House Cleaners
My two assistants
The receptionist

Sheesh. Thank god FICA stops coming out of my check around this time of year.

DarthSikle said:
Does flirtation mean following women around and standing outside their door all night staring at their bedroom window?
It could. I know some older hormonal women that just might flash you, open that door and drag your butt inside for old women sex.

DarthSikle said:
Tips/non traditional gifts I have to give out:

Daycare
Nanny
Trash
Mail Carrier
Paper Carrier
Water Bottle delivery guy
House Cleaners
My two assistants
The receptionist

Sheesh. Thank god FICA stops coming out of my check around this time of year.

Your receptionist doesn't deserve a GOTDAMN thing. I hate that bitch.

I used to tip my mail carrier at the apartments I lived at and when he died suddenly, I was invited to his memorial. I don't like my current mail carrier so I'll probably just give her a gift card to Starbucks.

I do leave gifts for the trash collectors and the mailman. They consistently do a service that makes my life more pleasant and I rarely ever see them. That is service! I give the receptionist a nice gift because on those days when the phone has rung off the hook, everybody and their next of kin have dropped by the office to see me personally about some thing they want right now, and emails are coming fast and furious, I can ask the receptionist to put a halt on the traffic to my desk and phone and she does, leaving me just the email. Somedays, she is the most awesome person on the planet.

Tisiphone said:
I only give money to the ones with the signs that said "Will spend money on alcohol."

At least they're honest.
I agree.I hate when obese women hit me up for money for food!

My charity will be donating a large pile of shit to the tree at Rockafeller Center in NYC. I hate XMAS. BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

eloisel said:
I do leave gifts for the trash collectors and the mailman. They consistently do a service that makes my life more pleasant and I rarely ever see them.

Boxing Day. Look it up.