as I am avoiding work

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I will post pics from my 2nd week of holiday....

first morning I got up early to explore by myself....

NovaScotiaRoadTripCottage2010103.jpg

curiousa2z

mist was still on the lake and everything was neat and orderly.....for the moment!

NovaScotiaRoadTripCottage2010105.jpg

curiousa2z

heading back....aluminum canoes are great - other than going over Niagara Falls, they're pretty indestructible...

NovaScotiaRoadTripCottage2010112.jpg

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Where are you?

I'm on a "staycation" today. Asked for the day off the other day so I could take advantage of the cooler weather (back down into the 90s) so I could work on my overgrown jungle-type yard. Then it stormed all yesterday evening and last night. No mowing today!

Seph

Retired Account
i want to spin there.

curiousa2z

^they said there was bass in there [and something else i cant remember] - I was actually vexed at being off-line cuz I wanted to ask you what you'd recommend - no one of our lot got a bite!

curiousa2z

just remembered - pickerel - they said there was pickerel in the lake too.
as I love both bass AND pickerel, I was sad we didnt catch any.

Seph

Retired Account
were u using lures and spinners?

curiousa2z

yep - BUT - as we'd never been there before my theory is the fish were hiding out deep where the water would be cooler - it was bloody hot back then. That's the trouble with fishing in a place away from home - only the locals know the good fishing spots.....and they wait til the tourists leave! ;)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GOOD PICS

curiousa2z

^right place at right time...I couldn't get that effect again if I tried...

Love Child

One Love
I went kayaking last night right before the sun went behind the hills. The water was amazing, it was like kayaking on the sky. I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone, if they turned out I will post them. I thought of you when I was on the water. : )