Ask Hambil anything and get a truly honest answer

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Free will is directly inconsistent with an all-knowing all powerful God, and thus one of the major reasons for my atheist views. Know what you are going to do, and being incapable of being wrong, negates free will no matter how much one might try to argue otherwise.

From a science perspective, the philosophy of mechanism has been pretty much disproved by modern quantum theory, even if it's weird and I don't understand it all. So, with God and Mechanism out of the picture I am free to have free will.

It is really a very good and complex question though.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
You love us, don't you, Hambil?
I love your potential. The potential of humanity. Any specific human, it's a bit harder to say. I certainly have much love in my heart, though not for myself. I have however found very few people trust worthy enough to try and share that love with.

So yes, I suppose I love you, as I love all people. Though you break my heart.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Hambil, what are your thoughts on free will? Does it even exist? Are we just robots ruled by our brain chemistry?

I got this one!

"Man must believe he has free will, he has not other choice."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The concept of free will always gets twisty when I think about it too much. I like to read other people's views on it, sometimes.. even though sometimes it makes it even twistier. (I am reading the Mechanism link, hambil, very interesting)

Hambil, do you have a favorite book of ALL TIME, that you read over and over? If so, which one?

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
The concept of free will always gets twisty when I think about it too much. I like to read other people's views on it, sometimes.. even though sometimes it makes it even twistier. (I am reading the Mechanism link, hambil, very interesting)

Hambil, do you have a favorite book of ALL TIME, that you read over and over? If so, which one?
I'm torn between the Harry Potter books, and yes, though Order of the Phoenix is my hands down favorite I can read them all over and over - and the The Secret of NIMH, which was read aloud to me (and the class) in fourth grade and forever changed my world and made me the science fiction and fantasy fan I am today.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
DRUNK ALERT!!! HAHA! BY THE TIME ANY OF YOU WAKE UP I'LL BE HUNGOVER AND IT'LL BE TOO LATE. JOKES ON YOUZ!!!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
How do you cope with being finite?

CaptainWacky

why aren't we al equal?

CaptainWacky

Which is better, Pat Butcher or the Pope?

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Hambil,
if I negged you into oblivion, would we both get a laugh outta it or just me? Furthermore, would it just be a waste of my time, because youd just boost yourself back into the green?

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Since I now plan to never drink again, I can't promise answers to any of the questions left in this thread, or further questions asked. However, when the mood strikes me and I feel I can be truly honest, I will try.

CaptainWacky

Who the hell is Kitty?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Sniper Kitty!

CaptainWacky

I should have figured that out I suppose.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Limited time only, you know the drill - 2-4 hours tops. I'm DRUNK. Ask away.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
HAMSTER ARE INFERIOR TO DUCKS.FACT.
That's not a question.

why aren't we al equal?
Because the universe doesn't know good from bad, so it creates both and the one that breeds the most is 'good', or 'better'. If we were all equal we would not evolve.

Why do things evolve? Because they're bored. 10 billions years is a long time.

Which is the stronger human motivation, laziness or greed?
In the broadest of terms laziness can be seen as the status quo, and greed as changing the status quo. Therefore, laziness will always be stronger than greed in the general population. However, greed only needs to appear in a very few to change the status quo, making all the lazy people greedy until they have achieved status quo again. So, it's a hard choice but I'd have to go with lazy - for it always wins out against greed in the long run. Far more people spend far more time being lazy than greedy, historically.

Which is better, Pat Butcher or the Pope?
Pat - as scary as she may be, at least she's fictional.

Hambil,
if I negged you into oblivion, would we both get a laugh outta it or just me? Furthermore, would it just be a waste of my time, because youd just boost yourself back into the green?
I'd laugh. And I have no admin powers anymore.