ATTENTION ARMY GUYS!!!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I know you're proud of your little camouflage uniform and all. And I know the Army will let you wear it pretty goddamn much everywhere. But don't wear it to a job fair.

I mean, sure, it was a job fair for military and former military, and it was sponsored by military.com. But unless you're applying for a job IN the Army, you should probably put on appropriate civilian clothes.

I shit you not. I'm at this job fair up in Tacoma. It's a bunch of 20-30 something guys and girls in various office attire--predominantly suits, but there were a few who skipped the jacket, and in walk two soldiers, rockin' the ACU look. I was actually embarrassed for them. But I guess they weren't totally alone. Because as I was leaving I saw 4 or 5 more Army Guys, headed for the event. :(

[As an aside, the whole thing pretty much sucked. I wasted a whole day. Spent 2 1/2 hours driving up to Tacoma--wearing a suit and tie--only to find that the "huge job fair" consisted of:
-About four trade school/online universities
-A guy looking for people to become State Farm franchisees
-Another guy, looking for people to become MAC Tool franchisees
-And about 3 actual employers--none of which had anything in the Pacific Northwest.

What a fucking bust. :(