Audiobooks

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Can't you read, fuckface?

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Damn, that's just lazy.

My parents love the books on CD but they're old and drive a lot.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Why do you ask, GB?

Other than on a long boring drive, I can't see myself enduring an entire book, but I can understand where if one drove alot and wanted something ther than music to listen to they'd come in handy.

Love listening to Dylan Thomas read "A Child's Christmas In Wales" every year though.

I like audiobooks because I have a short attention span and as such I can only read 20 pages or less in one seating. Audiobooks allow me to get through a lot more in one or two hours at a time. And I rather like the story-telling around the camp fire feeling audiobooks give me. I love them!

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
When I was driving 6000 miles a month, I listened to them all the time, I'd check out 20 at once, usually listened to just over 1 a day unless it was more than 6 hours.

;)
mm

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Do you feel you retained the stories as well as if you had read them?

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Eggs Mayonnaise said:
Do you feel you retained the stories as well as if you had read them?

My short term memory is awful. I could read the same 50 books for the rest of my life and probably never notice.

;)
mm

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Grammour Boy said:
I like audiobooks because I have a short attention span and as such I can only read 20 pages or less in one seating. Audiobooks allow me to get through a lot more in one or two hours at a time. And I rather like the story-telling around the camp fire feeling audiobooks give me. I love them!

You set fire to your car while driving?

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Books on tape are wonderful for long boring car trips. They help make the trip bearable. Also, they are good for bedtime stories. Helps me fall asleep. Remember, I'm nervous at night so whatever can assist me to enjoy a restful slumber is a godsend. I prefer to read a book, rather than listen to it, because the dialog is richer when you see the words and how they construct the sentences, how the spell names of characters, the difference in punctuation between English editions and American editions. People miss a lot of the richness by not actually reading a book as opposed to listening to the story. But, in the tradition of radio programs from yesteryear, a good story can be just as reveting if you listened to it as reading. So, yeah, whatever.