Bad Purchasing Decision, Part Deuce

The Question

Eternal
Since somebody clusterfucked the rest of the board, here continue...eth the thread.

Mountain Dew "Baja Flash." It tastes okay -- pineapple and coconut isn't the best thing ever, but it's not horrible. What is horrible is the smell. Soda should not smell like cheap tanning lotion. Fucking gross.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Since somebody clusterfucked the rest of the board, here continue...eth the thread.

Mountain Dew "Baja Flash." It tastes okay -- pineapple and coconut isn't the best thing ever, but it's not horrible. What is horrible is the smell. Soda should not smell like cheap tanning lotion. Fucking gross.

You're supposed to drink it, not smell it.

The Question

Eternal
That's what I'm saying. But that's not how it is with this crap. It's got that double-barreled coconut reek. Wrenches a nose.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Mix it with spiced rum.

For Science.

The Question

Eternal
Will the rum kill the stench? Now I'm trying to think of the foulest rum possible. I like shit to match. Maybe some Admiral Nelson, or Bacardi "Oakheart", that shit's probably vile enough.

The Question

Eternal
Oh -- Cruzan "Black Strap." Now that shit would make a billy-goat puke.

The Question

Eternal
Good purchasing decision: Samuel Gawith "Firedance":

iu

Description says, "blackberries, vanilla, and brandy." Not sure about all that, but it does have a good scent to it and a very solid nicotine hit. Therefore: winner.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I gave up nic a couple decades ago. CBD/THC and red wine are my pizzin's these days.

That, and good home cookin'.

jack

So is this a snuff thread?

The Question

Eternal
Nah, this is just a good shit I bought / bad shit I bought thread. Which is sometimes snuff, sometimes Russian brides, etc, you get the idea.

The Question

Eternal
Another Good Purchasing Decision:

Red Bull snuff. Nope, nothing to do with the energy drink, this is more tobacco for up the nose. This one is what the Brits describe as, "medicated." Meaning topped with menthol and eucalyptus. Yes, it's a bit like Vick's Vap-O-Rub -- in the nose. Nicotine content is between medium and strong; I could easily see a heavy smoker switching to this without being plagued by cigarette cravings.

Comes in a tap box, which, considering the potency of the menthol and the nicotine, is perfectly acceptable.

iu

jack

I havent had a cig in 35 years now. I was a 2 pack a dayer.

The Question

Eternal
I was at about a pack and a half a day when I switched to vaping almost 10 years ago. Then the Puritans killed vaping, so nasal snuff it is.

Benefit of snuff -- it will never be coopted by dudebro dipshits and turned into a fad that gets the Puritans' attention.

The Question

Eternal
Bad Purchasing Decision: Toque Peach.
iu

The "flavor" of this stuff only passingly suggests anything like 'peach'. The overwhelming smell is... well, 'wet dog' is as close as I can get to articulating it.

Good Purchasing Decision: Fribourg & Treyer "High Dry T."
iu

Just a plain-Jane toasted tobacco flavor that's relatively easy to take (wouldn't recommend it for beginners) with a respectable nicotine kick. Very nice stuff. I'd compare the "flavor" of this to the smell of a freshly opened pack of unfiltered Lucky Strikes.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Went cold turkey on the tobacco a good 5 yrs ago, and I hope I will never have a weak moment to give in ever again. Fuck, that shit is nasty. Feels like the addiction is lurking right there in the back of my head, just waiting for the opportune moment to catch me off guard. So, any kinda smoke or tobacco product is 100% off limits.

I'm curious tho, does the snuff affect your nose longterm, like getting sniffles or the tissue getting overly sensitive?

The Question

Eternal
Went cold turkey on the tobacco a good 5 yrs ago, and I hope I will never have a weak moment to give in ever again. Fuck, that shit is nasty. Feels like the addiction is lurking right there in the back of my head, just waiting for the opportune moment to catch me off guard. So, any kinda smoke or tobacco product is 100% off limits.

I'm curious tho, does the snuff affect your nose longterm, like getting sniffles or the tissue getting overly sensitive?
Long term negative effects are minimal and AFAIK anecdotal. Nasopharyngeal cancer is possible, I'd guess, but there's not enough documented evidence to establish a level of probability for it

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

He wanted to try putting them in his butt. Luckily I was able to talk him out of it.

The Question

Eternal
Dude, your flamingly homo man crush on me only gets more disturbing every time you trot it out.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF