Bands that aren't the bands you thought they were

Consumer

Elder Statesman
So, the Misfits are supposed to be playing nearby.

No Danzig. No Robo. No punk (not that I object to the Metal sound, but it's not "Misfits" to me).

There seem to be a lot of these 20+ year old bands that have maybe ONE original member in them, rarely the leads. In many cases, the cover or "tribute" bands sound more like the band sounds you remember.

WTF?!?!

Struggling to figure out if I'm going to buy a ticket. Maybe if I can get a hot, age-inappropriate chick to take with me. Then I can bore her with statements like "Hey, back when I was your age, these guys were GREAT!"

Meh.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
The Isley Brothers. :(

3+3 was their apex, IMHO.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
thats very sad & oddly puzzling.

I mean, if a band was successful in its heyday, it only makes sense that any gigs played by the silver fox's further down the path of life would consist of quality jamming, simply for the fun of it.
Kinda liek a nicely aged wine.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
That's true for some bands, like Parliament/Funkadelic, who still give amazing shows.

I think for a lot of them it comes down to the fact that they may have been into the music, but being a professional musician eventually killed that for them, so they aren't really doing it for fun anymore.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Mmmmm...Danzig. Though he hasn't aged very well. :(