BB11 to start with stupid "twist"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-brother/articles/launch-date-announced

However, in a twist to the usual format there will be more hopefuls than the house can hold. In front of the cameras and the baying crowd each of the hopefuls will find out their fate. Will Big Brother select them to spend a summer in front of the cameras or will they have to head home with their bag still packed?

The new Housemates will be selected one by one and allowed into the Big Brother house to begin what could be the most exciting and unpredictable few weeks of their lives. Watch those first awkward moments unfold as they get to know each other and await the start of Big Brother’s games.

What's the fucking point? Just seems like a waste of time on the launch night to show a bunch of people who aren't even going in. Will we even get proper VTs for everyone who does go in:?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sounds a bit like in BB7 when they picked Susie at random (turned out well...) and all that stuff with Jonathan not getting in and Ashaaaaalllleeeyynnenenenenene crying uncontrollably.

I'd rather they just did it the traditional way, with each contestant being announced separately and given their time to introduce themselves in the VT. BB's twists rarely make the show any more entertaining, especially when they're done right at the beginning when there's more than enough going on already, without the need to artificially make it more exciting.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sounds like they are taking a page from American BB, which is stupid since BB US is a completely different animal from BB UK.

CaptainWacky

I just hope they're not selecting the housemates randomly. We could miss out on GOODHOUSEMATE39.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
We'll probably get a chance to vote a few more of them in later, or they'll have some task which gives them the opportunity to become a housemate.

CaptainWacky

Meh.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why dont they just go the whole way and make the contestants fight each other to go in, with Amok Time fight music in the background?

CaptainWacky

But they took him out and shot him after Aisleyne didn't choose him!

CaptainWacky

YOUR ASS IS A LOAF OF BREAD AND SPIRAL WANTS A SLICE

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
YOU LIKE BROWN AND CRUSTY ASS?