BDM! YOUR MAN HOWARD EH???

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Snuck by my boy David Wright to win the Home Run Derby! We could have had a nice bet going...

I missed most of it, I'm trying to catch a rerun on one of the ESPNs...

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I didn't watch it, I was recording Hell's Kitchen and watching the season finale of Doctor Who. The Home Run Derby needs to be shortened up a bit. I mean, three hours? Come on. I knew if I just watched the Baseball Tonight highlights, it'd be good enough.

BTW, you gotta admit it was super cool the way Howard hit the winning homer, didn't even look at it, flipped his bat, and hit the "Hit it here" sign! Way cool.

You know what my first thought was? After hearing he'd won, after Abreu winning last year? I thought, "This is the problem with the Phillies, the only way they can score is the longball".

Mark my words, if he stays healthy, Ryan Howard will break the Phillies single-season Home Run mark (48, still held by my boyhood hero, Mike Schmidt), and he might even pass Schmitty one day. Hell, he should hit 60 one year.

David Wright is an awesome talent, though. On par with Scott Rolen. Wish we had him here. He's the kind of player you build a ballclub around, for real.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Indeed. And they are.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't know what this is about.