BDM'S LONG-AWAITED 2009 OSCARS FASHION THREAD!!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
That’s right, friends! It’s time for my annual gay-a-palooza known as The Official Mine Field 2009 Oscars Fashion Thread!! As my son used to say when I was toilet-training him, “Let’s get this potty started!”

Amy Adams, the colour is a bold choice, but the necklace looks like it was made by a strung out hippie from New Mexico. Also, she looks like Spider-Woman, with the black piping and the way the dress hangs down like a web from her bosoms.
26261052-26261054-large.jpg

Anne Hathaway, looking very elegant in a cream-coloured strapless number. I LOVE the detail on this dress, and the fact that she kept in minimalist by eschewing a flashy necklace. Sometimes alabaster skin is the best accessory. Not a huge fan of her hair, and I wish her earrings were a bit bigger. Still, a winner!
26261056-26261059-large.jpg

Mrs. Jay-Z, channeling her inner hula dancer. Where to begin? The shape isn’t flattering, the bottom looks like bad origami, and the gold leaf makes me think of an old sofa my grandparents had. If she dressed like this when she first met Mr. Carter, I’m certain he wouldn’ta put a ring on it!
26261068-26261071-large.jpg

Hollywood Royalty. I LOVE this dress, and her earrings and ring were phenomenal. She just looks so classy, yet sexy with the sheer gathering at the bottom of the gown. All of Young Hollywood should take their cues from Angie. Flawless.
26261072-26261077-large.jpg

What. The. Fuck. Talk about using old sofa upholstery to make a dress. Bridget Fonda has been out of the spotlight for how long? This ain’t the way to get back on the A-List, sweetie!
26261080-26261087-large.jpg

Big Dick McGee

Evan Rachel Wood, in a stunning gown. I like the fact that she chose a pale dress that matches her skin tone, rather than something colourful to contrast it. Love the style, and her hair is very 1940’s glam. Excellent!
26261111-26261114-large.jpg

Freida Pinto, in probably the best dress of the night. I LOVE the colour, and the gauzy material and the neck and the bottom really offset the beautiful detailing. The lacy long sleeve perfectly completes this dress!
26261121-26261128-large.jpg

26261129-26261132-large.jpg

This dress is just wrong. The colour is hideous, it reminds me of cheap wine. The cut is all wrong, it makes her look flabby in the stomach. And the single strap looks out of place. Not good.
26261133-26261137-large.jpg

Jessica Biel. I know the consensus is that this dress looks like a poorly-folded napkin, but I disagree. I think it looks like she stuffed a towel down her tits. The bottom looks very restrictive, also, like she’ll have to shuffle around like a geisha. Proof that attractive women can look horrible.
26261138-26261143-large.jpg

Diane Lane-beautiful, simple, elegant.
26261144-26261147-large.jpg

Judd Apatow and the star of his new Superhero movie, Disco Ball Girl!
26261150-26261155-large.jpg

Maria Menounos. Wow. I normally hate grey gowns, but this one is spectacular. Love the colour, love the cut, and the accent piping really works to draw your eye down to the amazing flowers/ruffles at the bottom of this dress. Absolutely fantastic! My favourite gown so far!!
26261160-26261163-large.jpg

Marisa Tomei. Not sure about this one. I like the colour, and her hair is nice. I’m kind of split about the bottom, it sort of looks like a wedding dress that was altered to make it look “funky”. The pleats at the bottom look too busy. And the bust looks overly “formed”, like there’s a plastic insert somewhere in there. My overall opinion: Meh.
26261167-26261170-large.jpg

Big Dick McGee

Aww, Melissa Leo. Someone FINALLY invites you to the prom, and you decide to pull a Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink, and make your own dress. I mean, I’ve heard of the carpet matching the drapes, but the drapes matching the dress? Not so much!
26261179-26261184-large.jpg

Look, you’re a National Treasure, we love you, your work is phenomenal. But leave the method stuff to Penn and Bale, and don’t dress like the character you were nominated for.
26261185-26261193-large.jpg

Saturday Night Fever: The Hip Replacement Years!
26261194-26261197-large.jpg

“I don’t care WHAT you say, I want to look like one a them fancy white Christmas trees, but crossed with a Disney mermaid! DO IT!”
26261198-26261201-large.jpg

Oh. My. GAWD! Do you love it? I KNOW, RIGHT? Everything about this is so right, the only thing I can do is fuck it up by trying to describe it.
26271155-26271161-large.jpg

Penelope looks a bit lost in this dress. Lost like, it’s swallowing her alive!
26261202-26261205-large.jpg

I will never, ever say a bad word about Phoebe Cates, for when she was the hottest girl on the planet, she made a little 11-year-old boy’s dreams come true, baring her breasts in FT@RH. She’s still pretty hot, too.
26261206-26261209-large.jpg

Didn’t see much else of Robin Wright Penn’s dress, but I like what I see here. She’s still so pretty, I had SUCH a crush on her in Princess Bride.
26261235-26261238-large.jpg

Big Dick McGee

SJP, why the long face? NYUK-NYUK! F’real, though, that dress does wonders for her chesticles!
26261249-26261252-large.jpg

Honestly, the dress is pretty bad. I mean, it looks like they made a gown from an old Hallowe’en devil cape. But Heidi still looks gorgeous!!
26261264-26261269-large.jpg

Taraji P. Henson. This dress is gorgeous. I know it may kinda look like she’s wrapped up in ace bandages, or T.P., but I like it. Really, really fantastic.
26261270-26261273-large.jpg

OK, I'm about 2/3 done, leaving for home, I'll finish then! Ciao!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
ABOUT TIME!!!

Thanks for including Natalie (and smiling!) I think she looks best so far.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
26261185-26261193-large.jpg

This Old Grecian Urn Lady gown on Meryl is driving me crazy. Half the fashion mavens love it, half hate it. Half the pictures of it make it look awful, the other half make it look regal.

I guess the final verdict has to be BZZZZZZZZ, because something is obviously wrong for it to bring about such inconsistent results.

Big Dick McGee

What's a Grecian Urn?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
3254.jpg

Don't fear the Google.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Poor Meryl, she's probably tired of dressing herself for all these award shows. Every time she does a movie, she gets nominated, and sometimes for no reason at all. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I think the people in charge of the awards shows see her name and wet themselves.

Loved Taraji's dress, and Amy Adams looked like a Christmas tree.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
someone should shoot Meryl's dresser. grey's never a colour I much like anyway, but Grey on a 40+ ? JUST SAY NO.

with all the money these babes can spend on dresses, maybe some of them should invest in an HONEST FRIEND when they go shopping!

Big Dick McGee

3254.jpg

Don't fear the Google.

Dude. Fastball down the middle. Admittedly, it's more of a verbal joke, but when asked, "What's a Grecian Urn?" the proper response is "about $5.50 an hour!" NYUK-NYUK!

Big Dick McGee

I never did finish this...

CaptainWacky

Finish it!

CaptainWacky

THREE YEARS since Natalie wore that pink dress? FUCK.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The purple pregnant gown sort of overshadowed it in people's minds, especially since she won that year.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
How come BDM doesn't spell color like an AMERICAN?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Mine Field UK Peer pressure!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Well she was the most gorgeous pregnant woman I've ever seen at the Oscars in that purple dress!

Speaking of purple= Tina Fey FTW!!!
But WHAT the HELL was Colin Firth's wife thinking with that red shelf over her bosom???OMG. ALLthat money and no sense at all.
The woman from The Help (sorry! what's her name???) in the emerald green looks STUNNING.
Penelope Cruz in the lavender= mue GOR geous!!! But I was sad to see she's cut her hair.
Still awaiting Angelina J!

Oh, here's her paramour with long hair....