Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bechelor Cuisine

Heres a tip for next time

I package of ziti (or rotini) 1 lb box
1 package shredded cheese (at least 8 oz)
I jar of sauce (your favorite)

Get a 9' rectangular baking dish, add the ziti and the suace, add one jar of water using the sauce jar.

Stir til water and sauce and ziti are all mixed up.

Cover with foil and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.

take out of oven, take off foil, cover with cheese and bake again for 15 minutes.

VOILA Pasta Bake. You won't believe how good it is :)

Cut up some green bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic (although the garlic's a bitch because you have to chop it up really fine)

Take about three pounds of ground chuck and start browning it in a saucepan, as soon as there's a little juices going in the pan, toss in all the veggies and mix it all up. If you don't want to fuck with chopping garlic, then sprinkle in some garlic powder.

Brown the meat the rest of the way, drain the grease off, pour in a bottle of Ragu, stir, let sit on extremely low heat for a couple of minutes. Boil up however much noodles you want for a sitting. You now have a thick spagetti sauce for three days (possibly more), and all you have to do for the next few nights when you get home is boil noodles. :)

I did. My dad did after the divorce.

Mainly if I'm going to the effort, I'm cooking up enough stuff to be lazy for a few days.

I'm not now, but I was then. And you know what? You'd have loved to been my roommate, I can cook, and cook well.

And if you don't like that, you can suck on some alum.

S. SaDiablo said:
Hot guys and good food...what more could a girl ask for?

Well...maybe a hot guy cooking that food in nothing but an apron. ;)

I'll do that, but I require myself to be in more clothing.

Hmmm... Since I have noodles, hamburger, bellpeppers, tomatoes, garlic, shallots, onions, basil, oregano, ..

I think I'll make the shpaghetti.

Yeeeeeshhhh.....

Another "not a bachelor"

But...

"Classy" pasta dish (first date food that I made for my wife...)

Two chicken breasts, toss 'em in a freezer bag with about 1/4 a bottle of Italian dressing and let them marinade for about 2 hours. Melt butter and some onion (dried onion is ok to use too), most of the rest of the spices you'll get from the dressing. Brown the chicken in the pan, then toss in the oven for about 20 minutes at about 350. check frequently, pull it out before they get tough. Use a knife to check the thickest part of the meat.

Use a Cheesy type commercial sauce (four Brother's "4 cheese" works pretty good) have another 1/4 cup of parmigiana or some other "hard" cheese ready and shredded, the finer the better. Simmer the sauce, about 5 minutes before serving, dump in the cheese.

Alfredo noodles are best for this, but any pasta will do. Boil to Al Dente.

Toss the pasta, then the chicken breast, then A SMALL AMOUNT of the sauce over the top. Save the rest of the sauce for tomorrow.

Alternate: No sauce at all, use olive oil and the shredded cheese on the pasta, mix in after you've drained the pasta. Add some finely chopped basil (kinda a quick pesto effect). This also re-uses the pot you boiled the pasta in (as I don't like to do extra dishes).

Most sauces will overwhelm the chicken if you use too much.

-S "Married at 30, and not a minute before" B

tiff_7_17 said:
Yeesh that sounds like the worst spaghetti recipe of all time...

Well, don't forget -- I'm also a starving writer. We're a particularly strange and depraved subset of the bachelor species.

SSgt_Sniper said:
I'm not now, but I was then. And you know what? You'd have loved to been my roommate, I can cook, and cook well.

And if you don't like that, you can suck on some alum.

My roommate had a vagina though.

Damn...the italian salad dressing chicken marinade was MY trick.

Italian salad dressing/beer marinade also works especially well for steak ;)

SHHHH these are priceless hints here people, priceless.