Before 2021

Mirah

I love you
Can you just acknowledge that when the calendar changes from December 31, 2020 to January 1 2021 it doesn't mean everything changes.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It certainly won't mean a big change this year. (Although it will on January 20th...)

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I had many plans for 2020. Just about all of them cancelled. Like most of my meetings for work and social groups, my big birthday and retirement party was virtual. There was only one person in the office building when I went in to get the last of my stuff and turn in my magic badge my last day. Some presents were left on my desk and goodbyes were by email. Not much of a send off after a 21 year career. Holiday get togethers were very small. Started out this new year without one single calendar to hang on the wall. So far this year has been all about Trump crap. I have faith, though, it is going to get better every day. This year is going to be very different from last year. Hope things work out for all of you as well.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Wow, look who's here.

How's lockdown treating you?

Last edited:

jack

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Wow, look who's here.

How's lockdown treating you?
Hey Jack. Lockdown is going okay. Retired the end of November so been adjusting to this next phase. My activities are still very limited but I get out and walk most days and some of my other activities are operating at least some. Hopeful that things will get better. See your name on FB come up often in threads I also post. Good to see you are still out there. You doing okay?

jack

I'm doing very well. Been laid off since last March, but that seems to pay better than working for some reason. If we're posting in some of the same threads then we have the same ideas. Consider sending me an FR. I don't troll on FB, just here, and just certain peeps. Present company excluded. :bigass:

Mirah

I love you
I had many plans for 2020. Just about all of them cancelled. Like most of my meetings for work and social groups, my big birthday and retirement party was virtual. There was only one person in the office building when I went in to get the last of my stuff and turn in my magic badge my last day. Some presents were left on my desk and goodbyes were by email. Not much of a send off after a 21 year career. Holiday get togethers were very small. Started out this new year without one single calendar to hang on the wall. So far this year has been all about Trump crap. I have faith, though, it is going to get better every day. This year is going to be very different from last year. Hope things work out for all of you as well.

Nice to see you eloisel! Congratulations on retiring. Must have been strange. I am glad people at least acknowledged it and got you gifts and sent emails, that is nice, but not the usual fun I am sure. What will be different this year?
I have an essential job now, so one way I have been lucky to be working. Now looking back on it-and the fact that I stayed safe thus far, I feel very lulcky. At first it was terrifying tho. Life in my small town is boring and Iive alone so I finally got a cat. I miss my family and hanging out with people.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Nice to see you eloisel! Congratulations on retiring. Must have been strange. I am glad people at least acknowledged it and got you gifts and sent emails, that is nice, but not the usual fun I am sure. What will be different this year?
I have an essential job now, so one way I have been lucky to be working. Now looking back on it-and the fact that I stayed safe thus far, I feel very lulcky. At first it was terrifying tho. Life in my town is boring and Iive alone so I finally got a cat. I miss my family and hanging out with people.
Yeah - had intended to have a big party to celebrate a milestone birthday and retiring. Was suppose to go to Scotland in December to see an old friend and he take me on a tour while he was still mobile. He has Parkinsons. He is progressing again so that trip is probably off permanently. Was going to Italy and to Sicily with other friends this month for a tour and to visit with our Sicilian friends. That is off to who knows when. Had planned to take a cruise after that which is also put off until later this year. Been kind of in limbo, hanging out around the house, meeting with my groups mostly via digital means. Do get over to see my daughter more often so that is a good thing. Like you say, we're lucky we're not sick with Covid.
What did you name your cat?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Like as in Bela Lugosi or Bela Swan?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I have an essential job now, so one way I have been lucky to be working. Now looking back on it-and the fact that I stayed safe thus far, I feel very lulcky. At first it was terrifying tho. Life in my small town is boring and Iive alone so I finally got a cat. I miss my family and hanging out with people.
Are you still living up in the snowy mountains, blocked in for the winter? My travel buddy and I will probably head back to Seattle this summer if possible. I'd like to go back to Port Townsend and Anacortes.

jack

Wife and I were supposed to go to Portugal for 2 weeks last Sept. So far the airlines have given us a two year extension and credit on the tickets, so we may be headed to washington state (like Bellingham area) for a couple weeks after getting the jab, maybe by summer or early fall.

Mirah

I love you
Are you still living up in the snowy mountains, blocked in for the winter? My travel buddy and I will probably head back to Seattle this summer if possible. I'd like to go back to Port Townsend and Anacortes.
I spent 2 1/2 years up in the mountains and when my commitment was done I moved into town instead of going back to the west side. Since I have been in town I have had at least 5 jobs, no make that 6, 7. LOL it is a tough place to find employment, and people usually end up working 2 or 3 jobs. People do not pay enough. I feel like listing them now.
I started out training for night auditor at a hotel that ended up treating people like crap-but I would still say to stay there if you ever came to this town! :D Then I worked at a boat storage facility, even closer to my dream to work on a pirate ship! From there I moved into a construction company that paid great, but really there wasn't enough work. I did accounts payable It was quite fascinating to me and I worked in a nice office with nice people, then I got laid off. : ( BUT this moved me in to the funnest summer job ever-I got to work on the boat that transported me up and down the lake for the 2 1/2 years. I worked both on the boat and in the office. I got to see all of the people I knew from uplake and I got to eat lunch in a national park 2 times a week. It was the best.
There isn't much work on the boat in the winter so I was on hold until next season-but I needed a job to get me through winter or at least long term and I could work on the boat on weekends or as needed-that was the plan!
I applied at a veterniarian office and got let go after 3 days-they said I would be too depressed w/ the animals that had to be put down. Right after that the bank called me-and it wasn' t my first choice, but at that point I was ready. And then the pandemic hits and what do you know-I have an essential job! So I feel fortunate. Tho it hasn't been an easy year, like any of us, I still feel fortunate and try to count all of my blessings. Oh-and I found out I have a brother this year-so that was the big major awesome thing. He is awesome.

If you made it to Washington again I would totally come see you! I wish you could see this area. I love it, but it has its downfalls too. It is dry and there are fires, but that is common everywhere now anyway. I may stay here or I may move back closer to family. But I ended up getting a boat club membership, so I can stay at cabins and camp uplake, so there is that bonus.

I do love the snow and am happy that I've got to see some snow this winter so far. Last summer I was gifted a kayak and it saved my ass.

Like as in Bela Lugosi or Bela Swan?

Originally her name was Blea. She was found at the Basic Life Enforcement Academy. I didn't like the sound of that name so I asked for help re-naming her and one of my friends suggested Bela. So that is the story there. I posted pics of her in the MF. She is black and white.