Best BlackAdder Series

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Which of these is the best BlackAdder series?

BlackAdder I: 1485
BlackAdder II: 1558-1603
BlackAdder III: 1768-1815
BlackAdder Goes Forth: 1917
BlackAdder Back and Forth: 1999

I'm not including the two specials, as this poll simply pertains to the series. :)

Number_6

beer, I want beer
I can't decide. Miranda Richardson as Elizabeth vs. Hugh Laurie as the Prince. How do you choose between those two?

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Number_6 said:
I can't decide. Miranda Richardson as Elizabeth vs. Hugh Laurie as the Prince. How do you choose between those two?
It's difficult, I will admit. :)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Black Adder Back and Forth WAS a special.

There are only four series.

I am going with season three, its probably my favourite, Hugh Laurie was fucking hilarious and the episode where they swap places when Wellington comes to kill The Prince is so brilliant. But really theres not much in it, I adore each incarnation, it is my favourite comedy series of all time.

Atkinson is a fucking genius.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Actually this is very difficult. If I was to give you my four fav episodes it would be one from each series.

The Black Seal from season 1

Chains from season 2

Duel and Duality from season 3

And Private Plane from season 4

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
yeah, Hugh Laurie sways the vote for me.

EnglishRose

addle barn
Blackadder II - The dastardly Edmund Blackadder, Lord Flasheart, Lady Whiteadder, the turnip shaped like a thingie, and hugh Laurie as Prince Ludwig in the epi 'chains'...and not forgetting Nursie :D

So Flash Heart tweaked the
Adders beard,
from now he always shall be
single.
To fall in love with boys is
weird,
especially boys without a
dingle.
Blackadder, Blackadder,
His taste is rather odd.
Blackadder, Blackadder,
a randy little sod.
Lord Flash Heart,
Lord Flash Heart,
I wish you were the star.
Lord Flash Heart,
Lord Flash Heart,
you're sexier by far.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Man, for the longest time it was BA2... but lately I've been digging on Goes Forth. Back and Forth was a nice return, but wasn't the same.

Love that series. LOVES IT! There isn't a stinker in the bunch.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This is a toughie. I always discount the first one - it wasn't all that good. I watched II when it first aired, and Forth was great with some poignant moments at the end. If I was truly forced, I'd go for Third - it has some good satire, Robbie Coltrane's hilarious interaction with Rowan Atkinson & much more. My only complaint was too little of Stephen Fry, but he still showed up in the 6th episode hamming it up as Wellington - so Third it is!

Or is it The Cavalier Years.... (you've left that one off!)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I voted for the first one (The Black Adder) EVEN THOUGH it's not my favourite (that would be 2 or 3) because I think it's good too and has unfairly became the black sheep of the Blackadder family. And the witch smeller episode was "the bomb, yo".

Blackadder Back and Forth was a special and it sucked.

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
Rik mayall as lord flasheart.....

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
CaptainWacky said:
I voted for the first one (The Black Adder) EVEN THOUGH it's not my favourite (that would be 2 or 3) because I think it's good too and has unfairly became the black sheep of the Blackadder family. And the witch smeller episode was "the bomb, yo".

Blackadder Back and Forth was a special and it sucked.

I totally agree. The Witchsmeller was briliant, so was the Balck seal and the Queen of Spains beard.

They don't make TV like Blackadder anymore.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
I just finished the collection, and I have to say that BlackAdder II is my favorite. Goes Forth was good, but it was just rehashes of what made the series good in the first place. Even Richard Curtis said the same thing.

Sorry about the Back and Forth thing. From the way the DVD set was saying, it looked as though it was a fifth series. But I did enjoy it. :)