Big Brother to return on Channel 5

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ultimate Big Brother - News - Big Brother confirmed for Channel 5 return - Digital Spy

So it's official at last. Despite obsessively watching the previous years I don't know how I feel about this. Every year there's been less and less housemates I like and an ever increasing number of complete mookfaces. And now it's going to be on Channel 5 which is ever cheaper and sleazier (a word?) than Channel 4.

But of course I'll be watching obsessively whenever the fuck it's on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I knew this would happen! :) Which is why I was puzzled that you wanted to get rid of the forum.

TIME TO GATHER ALL THE THREADS AGAINsdfagdfh!1

CaptainWacky

The whole subforum is still together in the archives, isn't it?

It'll probably be quite a while (end of 2011) before it starts.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Ah! So it is. I thought the threads ended up getting mixed back into the MF for some reason.

US BB starts in early July, so I'll probably bump it back up in late June when they announce the cast and the stupid theme for the season.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Doing the normal version in the colder months might lower their ratings a little. They'll have to turn the heating up a lot to make up for the lack of sunbathing.

I'm sure I'll tune in for the celeb version to see what it's like, but I won't be getting my hopes up. C5 is pretty shit... I mean, the only show I watch on there is Neighbours and that's totally an ironic thing. Who will they manage to get? Probably some old weatherman and a tit model (I'm not using the word "glamour" ffs) I've never heard of.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We did one winter version of BB a couple of years ago, during a writers strike. It was crap, but not because of a lack of suntanning (the show tapes in California after all), but because the cast were awful, horrible people. Two of the cast (including the winner) are now in jail for illegal drug trafficking. FUN!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Even though C5 is a shit channel having a complete reboot of the behind scenes cast and crew (although I'm sure a few will carry over) will be welcome I think.

CaptainWacky

Well it will still be produced by Endemol so it probably won't be that different. The guy who was in charge (the famous "PEJ") quit at the end of the Channel 4 run, so hopefully they'll get someone better running it at least. And then there's the question of Davina and Marcus Bentley and to a much much much lesser extent George Lamb returning.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Marcus Bentley would return. What else is he going to be doing? Davina loves loves LOVES Big Brother (genius!!), and watches the live feed 24/7, even when Mark's giving her a good seeing to (GURN), so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Either she'll decide against it and everyone will claim it's going to be a disaster without her, but promptly forget about her once it starts, or she's hop on board but her presence won't be enough to give the show credibility.

CaptainWacky

She probably has an exclusive contract with Channel 4.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Is she doing something else now?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
She was on Comic Relief as well, not that that's probably affected by exclusive contracts.

Is she doing something else now?

She does a show called The Million Pound Drop LIVE (that's 1 million pound sterling... the show isn't about throwing Steven Seagal off of tall buildings). It's actually quite good, which probably means we stole it from another country.

You have a question and four possible answers and have to bet the £1 million on which is correct. You can spread your bets over the answers or put it all on one if you're sure it's correct, but you have to bet all of the money on every question. There are something like ten questions, which get progressively harder, while Davina puts you off by gurning and shouting AT THE END OF SENTENCES!!!! OMG!

[YOUTUBE]QKXE8uwKLjY[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We have that here too, Million Dollar Money Drop (which is embarrassingly redundant). So it probably originated in the UK. Kevin Pollak is the host here.

[YOUTUBE]o5XmGVuWCBw[/YOUTUBE]

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh, he's that guy who does Shat impressions, isn't he?

CaptainWacky

I think she does some "Help Ugly People Stop Being Ugly" show on Channel 4 too. She's surprisingly busy given her horrible shoutiness!