Retired Account
if they told that joke... yes :)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Loni Love!

The Question

Eternal
How many of them have comedy routines as opposed to extended chains of racist jokes about white people?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
The vast majority of them.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]MBckPE5CckE[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I should have specified British black female comedians...

Wanda thingy is kind of funny on Curb Your Enthusiasm, though most of the time she is pointing out how Larry is racist...

"My old gammy gam-gam, you know what I'm sayin', we'd go over to her house ever Friday night for dinner, you know what I'm sayin', and it would be rice and peas, innit. BUT THERE'D ALWAYS BE MORE PEAS THAN RICE, INNIT! Like ninety nine percent peas, innit! OR SHOUD I SAY, PEACENT!" - Every british black female comedian ever.*

*note: completely innaccurate and unfair.

The Question

Eternal
Michelle Obama is fuckin' hilario in stereo

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The only British ones I can think of are Andi Osho and Gina Yashree (or however you spell it - not knowing how to spell unfamiliar names doesn't make me a racist, OKAY?! *sobs*).

I think the reason they don't tend to be that funny is that comedians usually joke a lot about their background, which is only funny to the audience if that background is shared. If you don't know any traditional Nigerian grandmothers, then you're not going to know how accurate the comedian's observations about them are, you're just going to be laughing at the silly accent and maybe a couple of jokes that apply to old people in general.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, but I can find american jewish comedians funny and I don't know what a SCHMUNKLE is!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good point. Maybe it's just down to there being only two black British female comedians?

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Lenny Henry seems like a nice bloke, but his shows are never funny either.

At least we've got Richard Blackwood.

CaptainWacky

Lenny Henry was funny as the nazi postman in one scene of The Young Ones thirty years ago.