I want to smell dark matter
TONIGHT.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
[YOUTUBE]ld9m8Xrpko0[/YOUTUBE]

Looks promisingly unnerving!

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I really liked it up till they had sex. The "standard sub routine" line just pushed it.

The scene where the thing was delivered and she had to put it in a bath was excellent.

Clever writing I accept, but it just pushed the concept a little far. *PICKYBASTARDNERD*

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
What kind of world do we live in where I can't get a torrent for a show literally 1 hour and 9 minutes after airing?

I think I need to find someone to lodge a complaint to.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I really liked it. They pushed it a bit far by having a full on android, but it was treated in a way that I don't think we've seen on screen before, and really, I don't know where else the story could've gone.

I loved all the near future gadgets, which were generally believable. I think we'll get cars that can drive themselves before we get androids, though.

CaptainWacky

I LIKED IT TOO. The acting was very good from Hayley Atwell and the guy. There was nothing too unexpected (even when the guy first mentioned his mother putting everything in the attic when his brother and father died I thought "THAT'S FORESHADOWING SOMETHING") but it was executed very well. The scenes with the robot were really creepy and as I said the actor did a very good job (I actually thought he was a different younger actor for a minute but I guess he just acted young.)

I CAN SEE how the robot showing up could be jarring though, as it seemed a pretty big leap in technology. Like the woman said the chat room version of dead husband was "still in beta" yet they already have fully functioning androids (programmed in multiple techniques) ready to go? But it was well enough done that it got away with it.

CaptainWacky

Yes and I managed to make that whole post above without mentioning breasts!

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

SO this week's was really upsetting and disturbing. AND I KNOW that was the idea AND I GOT the point of it. But I don't know. A lot of the episode just came down to a woman crying and screaming. It's not easy to watch. I KNOW it's not SUPPOSED to be easy to watch but...I don't know. I thought it maybe laid it on a bit thick at the end. The Irish guy from Spaced was good.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I thought last nights was a little weak actually. You can tell they thought that as they put it in the middle of a 3 set series. (Pop psychology lol)

Anyway, the acting was good, the writing was sparse (good thing) but the premise was a little flawed. I would suggest that we like our punishment hidden away from us, rather than up front and personal. We like to see suffering "on screen" rather than capture it in real life.

Interesting that I read "team Downey" (yes, really that is what his production team are called) has optioned on one of the 1st series episodes.

CaptainWacky

MAYBE BROOKER FANCIES MAXINE CARR LOL.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mmm. I found it all a bit one note and grim to the point where I didn't enjoy it that much even on the understanding that its not meant to be enjoyable. But it was entertaining trying to figure out what was going on and I liked that they cycled through the whole process again at the end.

I didn't buy that British people would go to an amusement park based on punishment and I thought it muddied the concept of people with phones becoming bystanders and their crime being similar to hers.

CaptainWacky

And is there a seperate park for every criminal (or at least every child killer)? Because that would get impractical.

Also the five minute montage during the end credits seemed to go on too long (literally five minutes.)

CaptainWacky

Well tonight's made me appreciate last week's more, becasue that one did make me think (and I'm still thinking about it a week later) whereas tonight's I doubt I'll remember in a few days. It was okay, acting was fine (BT guy really can do better than those adverts!) but the ending just fell flat. The whole police state future felt so halfassed, probably because that part only lasted a minute? Maybe that was just a dream the main character was having in hospital or something.

Still a good series!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Is that really the BT guy? He seems a lot older.

Anyway, I was going to say the same thing. Though last weeks was a lot of the same stuff over and over (woman crying), it served a purpose. This week it was needlessly repetitive and just too much of a stretch of reality to believe in. I know we can draw our own conclusions about how this concept was used to take over the world, but actually showing that process would've been a lot more interesting than what we got.

To an extent in the first episode and certainly with the second two the problem seems to have been that there was a fantastic basic concept, but it wasn't adequate (or the writing wasn't adequate) to fill up a whole hour. They do feel like worlds that deserve a substantial period of immersion, but that time should be filled with more detail, rather than going over the same plot points numerous times.