BLEEPING TITS!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
When did basic cable start bleeping the word "tits"? SRSLY.. I noticed it during Project Runway, but forgot about it, then I noticed it on the terrible show called Fashion Police. Joan Rivers can say BITCH STOLE MY LOOK, but not tits? WTF?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Technically it's legal, but some channels have their own policies that go beyond FCC guidelines. Hallmark Channel is one of the worst -- they'll show Cheers reruns at 2AM and still bleep out "ass" and "damn".

When they aired Carol Burnett Show reruns (Carol Burnett & Friends) I noticed words like "hell", "damn", "dammit" bleeped out. It's been a few years since I've watched these, think it was either The Family Channel or TBS?...it was before they were shown on TV Land. It's odd because in their initial airings (CBS) over 30 years ago they were not edited for language. Some of these channels get a bit too edit/bleep happy & overly concerned they are going to offend someone.

I've also noticed that "tit" is always bleeped whenever Grease is shown on most basic cable channels. John Travolta says it in the greased lightening number. Last time I recall seeing this bleeped was when it was shown on AMC (American Movie Classics). That must be a very taboo word Cassie. :)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I remember somewhere towards the end of cheers run Sam said Shag, which was a bit of a surprise, as I had never heard that on american tv before.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
When they aired Carol Burnett Show reruns (Carol Burnett & Friends) I noticed words like "hell", "damn", "dammit" bleeped out. It's been a few years since I've watched these, think it was either The Family Channel or TBS?...it was before they were shown on TV Land. It's odd because in their initial airings (CBS) over 30 years ago they were not edited for language. Some of these channels get a bit too edit/bleep happy & overly concerned they are going to offend someone.

I've also noticed that "tit" is always bleeped whenever Grease is shown on most basic cable channels. John Travolta says it in the greased lightening number. Last time I recall seeing this bleeped was when it was shown on AMC (American Movie Classics). That must be a very taboo word Cassie. :)

yeah and pussy wagon is changed to dragon wagon.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'll tell ya what I find funny. Basic cable will show people getting shot, killed, some blood and all that. But how many times have you seen that one crucial scene of a woman kneeing a guy in the balls get cut??

Like in Clue. If that's on Comedy Central, when Ms. White knees Mr. Body, they never show it...all the sudden you just see him making a face and crumpled on the ground. There's been other movies that those scenes have been doctored as well.

I'll tell ya what I find funny. Basic cable will show people getting shot, killed, some blood and all that.

The U.S. has no problems with violence on tv, the more the merrier. Nudity or semi nudity somehow makes people uncomfortable. We are exposed to politician's & the FOX news channel on basic cable & they are liars & con artists & people find this more acceptable than a naked body part. Would you rather have your child exposed to Bill O'Reilly or a naked breast?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
OTOH, editing is funny; I watched one show this weekend where the good guy takes a difficult shot and a kidnapper is shot through the hand so he cant detonate a bomb..there's a big hole in his (bad guy's) hand.
next day I was channel surfing and clicked on the same show, this time on CBS....before I changed the channel realising I'd seen that ep already, the same scene had been cut out - you hear the shot and next the bad guy is lying on the ground...the whole point of the marksmanship of the good guy was lost!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I wasn't saying I have a problem with all that. I love it. It was the part about not showing a guy getting kneed in the crotch I find amusing.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They cut out headbutts over hear, even in films, I only heard about Obi Wans headbutt on Jango from the internet, never got to see it in the film or DVD.

Too frieghtened kids will try and copy it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
[YOUTUBE]NiArWz5rhlk[/YOUTUBE]