Blizzard - they've screwed up StarCraft II and I want revenge!

StringTheorist

My previous title sucked.
[switches personality for revenge purposes]
I think the gameplay is fine, but the story is really fucked up! It was a wonderful story, and I was really hyped about it, but Blizzard spewed their crap all over StarCraft II! And this for money! I mean, HOW THE FUCK CAN A SCI-FI DIRECTED GAME DESCRIBE THE SHIP'S SCIENTIST AS A WUSS, A COWARD AND A LOSER, FOLLOWING THAT STUPID STEREOTYPE!? It's so fuckin' obvious that the game started with inspiration and with the aim to be a real sci-fi, but then it got a huge fanbase, and it sold out. And the ending is incredibly fucked up - WTF, Kerrigan's role was so good, that even I (a person who dislikes evil/bad people / villians) liked her, kind of! And they screwed everything to go for the typical story of where the main character is in love, and she pursuits his love. So uninteresting. Besides, they HAD to make it like they are going to "the toughest place in the world", and things HAD to look like they are going to the "final boss" at the end of the game! Plus Kerrigan's boobs were smaller in the original StarCraft.

The text above describes about 5-10% of the total fail in StarCraft II. So I call you to go out and troll the official StarCraft II forums. I want to troll them really hard. Who's with me?

P.S. I never bought the game and I'd never pay for such crap.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
They also retconned the Zerg and Overmind with exactly the same bullshit as with the Undead and Lich King in WC3 (via the introduction of the Hybrids/Void Dude and Burning Legion/Sargeras, respectively). So lame.

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
I didn't play the original. Without the piss-off of crushed expectations is there any change of enjoying SC2?

StringTheorist

My previous title sucked.
Yeah, not just that they story sucks, but it's not even original! There were moments that I've liked, but they aren't nearly enough to balance out the fail.

@Cinch: This thread is mostly about expectations to the story. What happened in SC 2 was totally different from the style of the story in SC 1, and the story in SC 1 had an open end, so I played SC 2 to see how that story continues. I was really excited about that story - they mentioned something about Xel'Naga, protoss-zerg hybrids, Xel'Naga being against the whole universe (or so), that Samir Duran is "a servant of a far greater power - a power that has slept for countless ages", and so on. That TV broadcast gives me the feeling that the game is meant for 12-year-olds.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
We don't delete double posts. We celebrate them as the server gods giving us a repeated statement.