Border Patrol Agents Imprisoned For Doing Their Job

Cranky Bastard

Sad.

And the idiot voters keep electing one of the two parties into office...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
This is disgusting. 12/11 years? The most I can see is that they've not followed exact procedure and that could possibly warrant a reprimand or suspension. But prison for over a decade?

Great message to give to all the other border patrol agents out there. :roll:

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
Don't forget that Mr. Drug trafficker has been relieved of all charges in return for his assistance. Clearly the job is meant for *patrolling* the border; not *protecting* the border.

I was hoping my previous question would provide a link to something-or-other stating that border patrol guards are not supposed to shoot at border-crossers.

Is this really the only time border patrol guards have faced prison for this sort of thing? I bet not.

Cranky Bastard

Hype is hype.

But the hype is bad.

Our border patrol should be able to shoot illegal crossers.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
750 pounds of marijuana as well. That's what? 340 Kilograms?

Kilogram%20bar.jpg

Times that by 340. That's not really happy-go-lucky drug trafficking now is it really? 340 kilos must be around the $400k mark street value.

Seems odd.

Cranky Bastard

There is no war on drugs.

The whole thing is a sham to drive up prices and force Americans to export more money to South Americans as a default tax-wealth transfer.

It's as fucked as global warming.

Which can suck my cock.

Gonad

I don't deny the sham part, but it is still there. Did you know that in 2002 the RCMP did a secret study, and learned that Afghanistan grows and distributes hash?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
If there is a war on drugs then at least it's a war we've been losing even longer than the war in Iraq.

Cranky Bastard

Knowing Afghanistan grows hash and opium is like saying you commissioned a secret study to determine that Barbra Streisand is one ugly cunt.

I knew that long before 2002. "Secret"?

24.gif

Cranky Bastard

Crap, too much Cabernet. It was good though - a Stag's Leap from 1986. Having to edit my posts for all the spelling errors...

Gonad

Hashish profits fund terrorism, RCMP says

Hashish profits fund terrorism, RCMP says

Drug comes from Afghanistan and Pakistan, secret report finds

Monday, July 15, 2002

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- A portion of the $20 million worth of hashish imported into Canada each year financed terrorist groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police report says.

More than 100 metric tons of hashish is brought into Canada every year, according to a confidential RCMP report obtained by Canadian Press under access to information legislation.

Most of it comes from southwest Asia, particularly Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"This means that approximately $20 million U.S. finds its way back to the producers in the source countries," says the November 2001 report titled "Narco-terrorism and Canada."

"It is likely that terrorist elements in Afghanistan tax producers, thereby receiving a portion of the potential proceeds."

U.S. intelligence officials say drug profits have been used to finance terrorist activities. Ships in the Arabian Sea have been under intense scrutiny since the war began in Afghanistan in the fall, curbing the flow of drugs from the Middle East.

Canadian armed forces have apprehended vessels smuggling drugs, embargoed oil and other illicit materials.

In February, the HMCS Toronto, one of five Canadian warships patrolling the Arabian Sea at the time, found 90 wrapped packages of drugs. Each was stamped with the words "Freedom for Afghanistan," according to newspaper reports.

One to two metric tons of heroin is brought into Canada annually, an amount worth $10 million to $20 million, says the RCMP criminal intelligence brief.

Most comes from southeast Asia, particularly Burma.

"No large-scale importation of southwest Asian heroin originating in Afghanistan has been documented recently in Canada," the report says.

According to the United Nations Drug Control Program, Afghanistan produced 4,600 metric tons of opium in 1999 -- 80 percent of the world supply. Opium is used to make heroin.

Despite a poppy ban by the former Taliban government, the country produced 3,300 metric tons in 2000 -- 70 percent of world production.

Production fell to an estimated 185 metric tons in 2001 but the international body believes that as much as 60 percent of the Afghan production has been stockpiled since 1996.

And there are reports that since the fall of the hard-line Taliban government, Afghan farmers have ripped up wheat crops to plant poppies -- the precursor to heroin and opium.

Coalition forces in Afghanistan will likely target drug production sites, according to another RCMP report prepared in October 2001.

According to an RCMP report, the heroin is brought in mainly through Montreal and Toronto.

Police and customs agents in Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia seized 19 kilograms of hashish earlier this month as part of the biggest drug bust in Canada's history.

One of my favorites around that time-period.

Cranky Bastard

19 kilos is a molecule in the bucket.

Like I said, sham.

Tyrant

The Department of Homeland Security sent an investigator to Mexico to offer the smuggler, Aldrete-Davila, full immunity in exchange for his testimony against the agents. Now, Aldrete-Davila is suing the U.S. Border Patrol for $5 million for allegedly violating his civil rights.
Great.