Breaking News: Chuck, Dollhouse officially renewed; Sarah Connor cancelled

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Sorry Terminator fans. But YAY! for Chuck and Dollhouse. Dollhouse will only be 13 episodes, but that's a good thing, in my mind. All of the best series lately have hae somewhat limited runs, and the storytelling is so much better.

You can get official updates here: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
frickin' Chuck and Dollhouse get renewed, and Life doesn't???!

It's a world gone mad.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Sorry Terminator fans. But YAY! for Chuck and Dollhouse. Dollhouse will only be 13 episodes, but that's a good thing, in my mind. All of the best series lately have hae somewhat limited runs, and the storytelling is so much better.

You can get official updates here: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html

Chuck will also only be 13 episodes. With the option to pick up the other 9.

(as reported by scifiwire)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I forgot this was Terminator decision day. :(

KEEP FIGHTING. KEEP SENDING PANCAKES AND GUNS TO FOX. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURREND
ER.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Syrup with those pancakes?

Big Dick McGee

I don't mind that Chuck will only be 13 eps, with a possibility of 9 more. Like I said, it breeds tighter storytelling and doesn't exhaust the writers and actors.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe we could get Joss to fight for Terminator. He's got FOX by the balls, IMO.

Big Dick McGee

Not really. The only way Fox would renew Dollhouse, even for only 13 eps, was if Joss slashed the per-episode budget. One of the critics at EW suggested eliminating Topher, to save $15k-$20k per ep. :)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YES! Topher is hated everywhere!

Big Dick McGee

LOL, I said this in another thread, but I bet you the schedule Chuck so that it airs opposite Dollhouse!

CaptainWacky

I suppose they think Terminator already had its chance since it was renewed for a second season and ratings went down lower. But they showed it on a stupid night and (probably) didn't promote it.

Big Dick McGee

I'm thinking that Terminator was also insanely expensive, and there was no real way to trim the budget without sacrificing story.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
But surely the upcoming movie would have created extra interest if they found a way of making the next season accessible to newbies.

Countdown till Thomas Dekker takes an overdose?

Big Dick McGee

I think the opposite might be true. The reason the cast of TNG never made any movies until after the series ended was because the studios worried that a mass audience wouldn't pay for something they could see for free every week on tv. Fox probably believed that "regular folks", i.e. NOT sci-fi nerds, would opt to just watch the show next season instead.

Stupid, I know.

CaptainWacky

Do you think Summer Glau, Lena Headey, Leven Rambin and Stephanie Jacobsen will be looking for somewhere to sleep now (my bed)?