British Comedy Awards

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I turned over after watching Nick from The Apprentice on HIGNFY to see Nick from The Apprentice present an award (with a girl in a hat) to some sitcom I've never heard of it (it beat Peep Show!) Then Kylie came out in an INTERESTING dress and said "clung" and The Inbetweeners won something. Also I hate Sarah Millican. I probably won't watch any more.

CaptainWacky

Oh look, Miranda won best female, WHAT AN UPSET.

CaptainWacky

Kevin Eldon just presented Stewart Lee with best male comic (pre-recorded.) THE FEEL GOOD MOMENT OF THE NIGHT.

CaptainWacky

Holy shit, Vince Cable doing jokes about David Cameron to suck up to the audience...cringe.

CaptainWacky

Sarah Millican wins the phone vote award. WHY. FUCK.

CaptainWacky

Shooting Stars wins a "best panel show" as a fuck you to the BBC?

CaptainWacky

Okay, they're just sucking up to Stewart Lee now.

CaptainWacky

Armando Iannucci wins special award! AT LAST.

CaptainWacky

Freddie Star is fucking insane.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ugh. Sarah Millican's like a high pitched, younger Jo Brand. It's always all about men.

Glad to hear Stew won something (I would've been surprised about him even being nominated actually).

Not sure how Miranda Hart manages to win anything, even if there isn't much competition for best female comic or whatever the category is.

CaptainWacky

Lee Evans won some special award at the end. Now I've never actually watched Lee Evans for more than five minutes, but I assume he's bad...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think we have the same taste in comedians. I've never liked Lee Evans. I've also never watched him, but I still know. Mugging to camera, falling over a lot... meh.

CaptainWacky

Sweating. He does a lot of sweating.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Saw first few minutes, everything seemed amazingly unfunny, plus they nominated a show that only started a few weeks ago, which makes me wonder how shows get nominated in the first place.

Decided sleep was the better option.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Will any of these people be traveling to America someday to whore themselves?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If you guys are talking about Fresh Meat, then despite being a new show it did deserve the award. It's the best British comedy series this year by far.

Nick Hewer on HIGNFY was excellent! I hope he name drops all the time on Countdown too.

CaptainWacky

Never watched Fresh Meat or that Sky One Spy thing. Just assumed they'd suck since I assume everything will suck.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well you have to assume the trailers for the shows have the best bits, so if they are painfully unfunny, chances are the rest of the show will be wrist slittingly bad.