Bruce Campbel is the fucking man!

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Holy shit! I'm drunk, and it's all Bruce Campbel's fault.

He bought me drinks for two hours...

Yub

Anachrophobic
That post in so full of win, it's leaking. If my blood wasn't greener than Spock's before it [and it was], it surely is now. I'm photosynthesising I'm so green with envy, you bastardly bastard's bastard.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
You met Bruce Campbell! I'm green with envy.

Details. He was super kool to you, right? Did he tell any interesting stories? How sexy did he look? How much sexier did he look with every drink? Did he sign anything; take pix with you? You didn't act like a creepy uber fan hopefully.

Fuck you, Conchaga!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I think Bruce Campbell is one of a very select number of people in the public eye whom I would geek out over meeting.

I first watched The Evil Dead on a bootleg VHS in 1984 at the age of 7. This wasn't by design - my sisters used to 'entertain' me by showing me video nasties, delighting in the scares it gave me. After watching The Evil Dead, I thought I was going to get stabbed in the ankle with a pencil by a crazy lady for days.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm not ashamed to admit how fucking jealous I am of you right now, but also would fuck your brains out just so I could absorb some of the Chin out of you.

Does that make me a bad person?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not at all, seems a reasonable response to the circumstances

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
This hangover is totally worth it.

Went to the after party last night and Bruce showed up. We didn't think he was going to.

Anyway, I'll go into more detail later, but his brother is in the service. He LOVES guys who are Vets. So, he bought drinks for me and two of my co-workers last night out of gratitude. The first one he bought I didn't know what to say. I mean, it's Bruce fucking The Chin Campbell buying ME a drink!? After an hour of chatting with him, he's the coolest guy on the fucking planet. Period. End of story. The guy is awesome.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
And, no. I wasn't a fanboi. I didn't make any references to his movies, ask him about his career, or bug him for a photo op or an autograph. The story was enough for me.

When I get a chance in the next week, I'll upload ALL of my pictures for everyone to see.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I have to say, I don't think I would bring up his work. I've read his autobiography, and am fully aware that he has enough chuckleheads to deal with on the convention circuit without having to put up with any more.

He was on Simon Mayo & Mark Kermode's Radio show around the time My Name is Bruce was released. They introduced him to a listener's game whereby you stand up at the end of a movie and say loudly "That brings back a lot of memories". He laughed himself silly when they read out an e-mail from a listener who had done this at the end of Valkyrie.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
He did that same Spider-Man schpeil in his Q&A yesterday. Except, when asked about Spider-Man 4 someone phrased it "Spider-Man reboot". His comment was, "isn't it depressing that we have terms like "reboot" for a franchise?" Anyway, when he was asked if he'd appear in it. His response was, "is Sam Raimi going to be involved?" When the crowd responded no, he said, "Then I don't think I'll be available."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm going to stick a pan under this thread, to catch all the awesome drippings and make awesome gravy.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Dang. I used to have a crush on Bruce Campbell. But, I just saw a recent picture of him. He looks like my brother - only with more hair on his head.

Crush over.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'd still let him fuck me in a New York minute. The guy is a stud.

Best-shoes-ever.

For a guy who credits himself on only sticking to B-level movies, he's a really snappy dresser. Maybe it's all the time he's spending in Miami.

Tisiphone

Yea, I told my mom, and she said she would have totally been quizzing him on Jeffrey Donovan. Mom's got a huge crush on Michael Westin. But who doesn't, really? LoL.

So glad you had a great time and met the coolest dude in the universe.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Greg: I'll explain the origin of 'Woodshed' to you - I actually misquoted it, I'll quote straight from Campbell's Autobigraphy (which is a great read BTW) - "If Chins Could Kill"

Bit of background - Campbell is on the set of Escape from LA with Kurt Russell:

Kurt: Hey Bruce, say "workshed."

Bruce: (incredulous) What?

Kurt: From Evil Dead II

Bruce: Yeah, I know that, but how do you know about that obscure line?

Kurt: My son is a big fan of that film. For some reason, he wanted me to have you say it.

"Kurt was too polite to mention that "workshed" was an obvious overdub to help audiences know where my character Ash was going next. If you watch the film, my mouth doesn't move at all during that line, and it's a point of great ridicule on college campuses across the country."

So there you have it. It probably pisses him off every time somebody says it thinking they're being smart.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yeah, I'm glad I stuck to not doing the fanboy routine.

Admittedly, I wanted to jump up and down like some Japanese Manga-loving cosplayer in a schoolgirl outfit screaming OH MY GOD YOU'RE BRUCE CAMPBELL AND I TOTALLY LOVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE! SIGN MY TITS!

Tisiphone

You don't think he would have signed my tits if I asked? :(